Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - code for England
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

code for England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorrales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: code for England Reply with quote

I registered for Telmap 5 but haven't recieved an email or text message with the download or activation code so I'm wondering if I correctly entered my mobile number. When you put the international code in front of your mobile number do you drop the 0 and add 44 or drop the 0 and add 044? Thanks
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To dial a UK number from abroad, you drop the 0 and insert 0044 (also identified as +44).

Your mobile number 07999012345 would be 0044 (or +44)7999012345.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
lorrales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I still don't get it........if I live in England should I put 0044 or 44 in front of my mobile number after dropping the 0 when filling out the application for Telmap 5? The example just showed 44 added to a mobile number
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm not telmap familiar.

Did the example show 44 then the full mobile number (with its first zero) e.g. 44 07999012345? Or without the first zero, e.g. 44 7999012345? I'd have thought if they gave an example they should have made it clear. Was the 44 in a separate box/window?

Often when examples are given like that, it has the 44 already completed and sometimes you have to give your number complete with the first zero - their recording system will probably wipe off the first zero for their records.

I live in England and have several mobile numbers recorded like this because I can then dial them from abroad when I'm on holiday and they work perfectly well in the UK also - I have in my phonebook a number for Jim, which is 004479990123456 - works from abroad or from England.

lorrales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis for helping - the example was 44 then 207 followed by the rest of the number (although they asked for a mobile number in the international format I'm not sure the example was a mobile number at all). Anyway there was no 0 after the 44. Usually with any registration process there's an immediate response but perhaps I just need to give it a bit of time and the text will arrive eventually.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the example was a London landline number.

lorrales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what I thought - except it has one too many numbers, I suspect because it's not meant to be used. I'll wait (patience not being one my virtues) a day or two and then try again. Thanks a lot for your help x
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I did not understand from your correspondence what was the format you used. At any case, this process should not require patience from you. Please try again, use 44 and then your number without the zero in the beginning. If you still don't receive the sms, please contact me at tugadmin at telmap dot com and I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards,
TUG admin
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to try to stop some confusion in this thread, international numbers are made up of 4 sections.

First is the "international access" part which in Europe is now 00 (other countries differ). This is usually replaced by a "+" sign in mobile phonebooks so the local network can put it's own access number in. This is followed by the international country code (44 for the UK).

After this is the "national" part which is 20 for London (not 203/207/208) or 7999 as an example mobile number. If calling from the UK, you put an extra 0 in front to show it's a national number and not local. Then it's the subscriber number.

That makes most UK numbers 11 digits long when called from within the UK eg 020 7999 1234, 07999 012345 etc though loads are shorter. I expect TUG want the international number version without spaces or "+"s etc ie 442079991234 or 447999012345 (each 12 digits long).

There, I bet I've made you more confused now. Confused Embarassed
Brodit ProClip mount
lorrales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry, thanks for the explanation...I did in fact enter 12 digits and received an email with the link and activation code earlier today. After installing Telmap 5 I tried it out and was nicely suprised how easy it is to use. Just one problem though, a few times I got the message 'Network timeout, check network connections' and I'm not sure what I should be checking for.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorrales wrote:
Just one problem though, a few times I got the message 'Network timeout, check network connections' and I'm not sure what I should be checking for.
If it just happens randomly, it's most likely just the internet playing up. Some programs wait longer than others for a response so give less errors than others. Does normal web browsing work OK when you get the messages?
Brodit ProClip mount
lorrales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure - also, since installing but not while using Telmap5 I sometimes
get a message telling me I'm in an area that's unable to handle data services

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: