Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Europe City Navigator 2010 - latest version?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Europe City Navigator 2010 - latest version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigwedge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Garmin Europe City Navigator 2010 - latest version? Reply with quote

Anyone happen tom know what the latest version of Europe City Navigator Onetime 2010 is? I've just bought the DVD from Garmin, installed last week, and it is telling me that it's version 2010.10 from April 2009. I wanted the DVD version rather than live download. Have I been sold an old map? I've emailed their support last week (in the US I assume) but no answer.
I'm sure that somewhere during the install I saw version 2010.30, but when I connect the device to the Garmin site, it says updates are available.
rayle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Europe City Navigator 2010 - latest version? Reply with quote

bigwedge wrote:
Anyone happen tom know what the latest version of Europe City Navigator Onetime 2010 is? I've just bought the DVD from Garmin, installed last week, and it is telling me that it's version 2010.10 from April 2009. I wanted the DVD version rather than live download. Have I been sold an old map? I've emailed their support last week (in the US I assume) but no answer.
I'm sure that somewhere during the install I saw version 2010.30, but when I connect the device to the Garmin site, it says updates are available.

I recently had some problems Setting up Mapsource on a new W7 Laptop, Garmin were in fact very helpful, the only way to resolve it was to activate a new Map, the Map is 2010.30 so it does look as if you have an older map.

Have you tried to update it on the Garmin Website?
bigwedge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Europe City Navigator 2010 - latest version? Reply with quote

rayle wrote:

The unit software is up to date, but I don't want to spend another £70 on an online update, having just spent that on the DVD. The reason for going that route was to avoid 2+ gig of data usage -and it took at least an hour by DVD anyway.
rayle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Europe City Navigator 2010 - latest version? Reply with quote

bigwedge wrote:
rayle wrote:

The unit software is up to date, but I don't want to spend another £70 on an online update, having just spent that on the DVD. The reason for going that route was to avoid 2+ gig of data usage -and it took at least an hour by DVD anyway.

I have just looked at the Garmin site to see what they say about it.

"The nuMaps Onetime update is available in download or DVD format. To ensure you get the latest maps, we recommend the downloadable version for this map update. A high speed internet connection is required for downloadable mapping."

Which is not a lot of help in your case, sorry I can`t help further.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwedge

It looks like you have been sold an "out of date" map as 2010.30 is the latest version - released via download in January this year. I suspect that Garmin will only make one DVD version for the duration of the year which may explain why yours is 2010.10.

Personally, I would write back to Garmin, explain that their offer wasn't clear, that you haven't been sold the latest maps and ask them to offer the download option to 2010.30.

I know you wanted to avoid the download but there have been a number of updates to the maps since 2010.10 in the last two releases. Bear in mind that 2010.10 is also at least 6 - 9 months out of date before Garmin release it in the public domain.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the latest is now 2011.10b

Alan
cwog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question resolved by looking in map folder

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: