Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I do this? (using Itineraries)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I do this? (using Itineraries)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: How do I do this? (using Itineraries) Reply with quote

I am taking the advice offered here and have started to convert my favourites over to POI's. However I have some tricky ones where both the onboard mapping and TYRE want to route me differently to the route I want. The only way I have found to get around this is to set these routes up as an itinery file with way points so that the mapping will follow my route and not its own.

The question is, how can these itn files be converted to poi's? Or is it like I did before, set the route up as an itn, then have to drive it so its in memory then save the route as a favourite. Which can then be converted to a poi?

I'm sure somebody here has the answer but I've been banging my head on a wall for two days now!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way is to make a custom ov2 category, and add all the points you want to visit as items (as many as you want) in that category.

Then have that category installed on the map. Mind you, if you want to get to a specific poi point on the map using a particular route, you'd still want to add another point on the road you wish to travel by.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I do this? Reply with quote

bandk wrote:
...is it like I did before, set the route up as an itn, then have to drive it so its in memory then save the route as a favourite.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick slightly...

Apart from a saved Itinerary, the TomTom can NEVER remember or store a route.
It can only remember a destination location, and the actual route to get there is always calculated 'on the fly'.
Driving a particular route will not be remembered in any way, shape or fashion.

'Navigate to a POI' is handled in exactly the same way as 'Navigate to a Favourite'. It just works out the fastest or shortest route to get there at that moment. You can add ONE "via" point (which again can be a Favourite or a POI), but if your desired route needs more than one "via" point to force the TT to go that way,, you need to use an itinerary.
The various waypoints and destinations in an Itinerary can also be either Favourites or POIs.
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you, especially Andy P. That has answered why I can't get it to stick, ie, it needs more than 1 waypoint to keep the thing on route!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: