Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 will not run on larger SD card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 will not run on larger SD card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gg2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: TT3 will not run on larger SD card Reply with quote

I have TT3 fully working on a 128 MB SD card but want to operate using a new Lexar 256 MB SD card so I can add more maps etc.

However in spite of what seems a proper installation of the UK maps onto the 256 MB card, upon starting TT3 I keep get the following error message. " No maps found, please install and activate an original TomTom Navigator 3 map first" Sad If I revert to the original 128 MB card everything works fine again. Exclamation

The new SD card shows that 91.33 MB has been used on the card, which seems to confirm the UK maps have been fully loaded. I am still using the original PDA and TomTom installation CD's. I have a record of the product code and activation number but no idea what to do with them. Do I have to remove and then fully re-install TT3

Tried the TomTom web site but the FAQ states I need to enter the device code upon start up (which I have), but it does not display a window for me to enter the code Confused

Any ideas would be very welcome
pug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems when I first installed TomTom on my 512Mb Lexar card. I just reformated the card and it then worked. I have seen that error every now and again, but I just re-insert the card or soft reset my IPAQ and it works again.

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN3 UK Maps are over 100MB, slightly larger than the TTN2 maps which were 90MB so something is wrong there.

I'd start by formatting the card and re-installing the map, you can use Softwinter's Stoarge Tools available here to perform the storage card format.
AndyWilson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed TT3 yesterday - previously a CoPilot (iNS) user and had a very similar problem ie. TT couldn't find the maps. By default the TT installer seems to put the Map Folders on the root of a memory card, but the app looks in My Documents. I just moved the maps and it all worked fine....
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never managed to make the TomTom Wizard work correctly in either Navigator 2 (the Navigator 2 version appeared late on as part of the GPS 2.09 package) or Navigator 3. As you can see from my rating, I'm no novice.

I confess simply to uninstalling the TomTom Wizard and recovering the memory it uses. You don't need it, and my Pocket PC's RAM is stuffed full enough as it is (I'm using around 37MB of storage RAM, which is about the limit for a 64MB iPAQ 3970 - you need to leave the remaining RAM for program execution).

A further complication is that the TomTom Navigator application tends to delete its shortcut unless you leave it in the Start Menu (which I don't - I have GPSAssist 2 there instead). I believe, personally, that Navigator shouldn't do this - it should leave its shortcuts alone and not try to dictate to me that it deserves a place on my Start Menu.

If I want to start Navigator without GPSAssist, I do this using an icon on Battery Pack Pro's Program Bar, which is created using a direct shortcut to the Navigator .exe file.

David
gg2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are very helpful forum. Smile

I posted a problem at lunch time, then went into the garden weeding for a few hours and upon my return I find there are three very helpfully responses waiting.

It was the comment by Darren about the UK map file size being over 100 MB that pointed me in the right direction. When I doubled checked, I found I had pulled the TT2 version out of the draw instead of TT3 Embarassed

Everything is now working perfectly now I have installed using the correct version Embarassed

Many thanks to you all Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: