Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Camera alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Camera alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ainsley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Navigon Camera alerts Reply with quote

Just bought a 2310 as a second device after many years with a Tom Tom, attracted by the built in (and free) cameras and traffic.

Just one Q., as a new user - how often are the cameras updated via the Fresh software ? I was surprised when I first plugged it into to my PC that it didn't seem to update the cameras - the software on the device can't be that up to date, surely?

Thanks
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon update their camera database monthly. But what you get depends on the terms for your unit. Some come with a 3-month 'trial' period, others you have to purchase cameras separately for 12 months of updates, etc.

So I think you need to look at the 'small print' and if anything seems odd give them a call to confirm the position with your purchase.
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Navigon update their camera database monthly.
I also got (12 months) free cameras with my 4310. The updates come out in the middle of the month and you have to use Fresh and look on your Maps and Services area to find them. No date is given so you don't know whether it has been updated or not until you go to the next screen and check. My (limited) experience is that it is very poor compared to the PGPS database.
ainsley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Navigon Camera alerts Reply with quote

So shouldn't last months be there to download ?
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ainsley, do you mean Fresh shows the same camera version as your 2310, or that no camera database is shown at all? Have you checked the purchase 'paperwork' for the camera database details (including the description on the box, and on Navigon's website)?

Have you registered the unit with Navigon (in order to get updates, etc)?

If everything appears normal otherwise, I'd give Navigon a ring or send them a support request (or you could put your question on their Facebook website).
ainsley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Navigon Camera alerts Reply with quote

There's no database there to update (although there ARE camera positions on the device). I'll contact them, sounds like something isn't right with the registration.

Thanks
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon Camera alerts Reply with quote

ainsley wrote:
There's no database there to update (although there ARE camera positions on the device). I'll contact them, sounds like something isn't right with the registration.

Thanks

Have a look in the 'shop' section of Fresh to see what that says about the speed camera.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: