Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vauxhall CD500 Navi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vauxhall CD500 Navi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eelnehpets
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Vauxhall CD500 Navi Reply with quote

I'm about to buy a CD500 factory fitted to an new Astra and I'm gob smacked at the lack of information available anywhere on how it works what its capabilties are (even at the dealers). Why the secrecy why the lack of... of... anything. In this day of freedom of information, transparency and openess what the flock are Vauxhall trying to protect. There shortsightedness is luddite. Open architecture is what the future is all about and come the revolution they will be the first up against the wall blah rant blah. I'm glad my company is paying for it. 835 quid? I could buy 2 laptops for that from Comet. I'm sticking to my faithfull Navigator 5 blue tooth and N70. Completely customisable thats what we want, when do we want it? Thats right yesterday. Come on Vauxhall it's the 21st century get with it.

If anyone can shed any light to help me please feel free.

Grumpy old man (but still with it)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the car available without that crap fitted, and if so is it cheaper? If you can save cira £900 for it not being in the car you could indeed buy a new laptop and a very high end sat nav still having more than enough cash left for a weekend away.

The again its a company car so your only viable option is to accept the vehicle and not use the sat nav (unless you can get used to it) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: