Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have any music in the iPod, never used the phone as an iPod, never opened the iPod app nor adjusted iPod volume, don't have bluetooth on, have CamerAlert set to use the iPhone speaker...

...but the volume keeps defaulting to a minimum level

how can they be linked??
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you have "CameraAlert set to use iPhone speaker" does this mean there is an option somewhere not to use the speaker?

The only option I can see under settings is for sound warnings to be either on or off. If there are no headphones plugged in then sound comes out of the speaker, if headphones are plugged in then the sound comes out of the headphones?

When I press the 'note' icon on the home page there is another small icon in the top right of the music/volume bar which toggles between a note with an arrow next to it, and what looks like sound coming out of a speaker. But it doesn't actually seem to do anything as far as I can see, and I can't see any mention of it in the user manual.

Any ideas what it is there fore?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
When I press the 'note' icon on the home page there is another small icon in the top right of the music/volume bar which toggles between a note with an arrow next to it, and what looks like sound coming out of a speaker. But it doesn't actually seem to do anything as far as I can see

if you have the phone's audio coming through the headphones or a bluetooth thingy-ma-bob then the speaker option will force teh app's audio to come out of the iphone speaker instead of whatever you have it connected to.

this was added for people who's dock automatically pipes the audio through to the car stereo. if the user has the radio on then they won't hear the alerts as the stereo would need to be set to aux input.

hope this helps?

MaFt
Mr_T
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As CamerAlert uses the iPhone "Maps" is it possible to "Show Traffic" too.

This would be really helpfull.
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
RavingDave wrote:
When I press the 'note' icon on the home page there is another small icon in the top right of the music/volume bar which toggles between a note with an arrow next to it, and what looks like sound coming out of a speaker. But it doesn't actually seem to do anything as far as I can see

if you have the phone's audio coming through the headphones or a bluetooth thingy-ma-bob then the speaker option will force teh app's audio to come out of the iphone speaker instead of whatever you have it connected to.

this was added for people who's dock automatically pipes the audio through to the car stereo. if the user has the radio on then they won't hear the alerts as the stereo would need to be set to aux input.

hope this helps?

MaFt

Thanks - that sounds quite useful, and could also be used as a workaround for the problem I have where the CameraAlert sounds are much louder than the iPod music, so I either have to have comfortable volume for the Alerts, but then can barely hear the music, or music at an acceptable level but then being deafened by the alerts!

Using this option I could play music through the radio via the headphone socket, but have the alerts coming out of the iPhone speaker.

So only request then would be to have a third iPod control option of 'no change' in addition to 'pause' or 'fade'?

The best option of all though would be the addition on an independent volume control on the alerts?
StuartAllen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Sound level with TomRom CarKit Reply with quote

When using TomTom and using iPhone as a Phone (rare but does happen)the volume settings are unaltered between docking etc. However CamerAlert always reverts to average volume when docked and started. Can this be programmed to remember the last volume setting? (In my case always maximum) I have to remember to turn up the volume on the TomTom CarKit each time which doesn't occur when making or receiving phone calls.
Thanks
alositha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: confirmation window required Reply with quote

I was recently looking at a camara info on the speedcamara submit page where you can edit, request delete, etc.. by mistake i pressed the delete button Sad which just sent away the request to PGPSW. can you please add a confirmation window so that such mistakes would not happen. I think it will save your good time on reviewing such requests. apologies if this was previously being notified.
thank you
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: confirmation window required Reply with quote

alositha wrote:
I was recently looking at a camara info on the speedcamara submit page where you can edit, request delete, etc.. by mistake i pressed the delete button Sad which just sent away the request to PGPSW. can you please add a confirmation window so that such mistakes would not happen.

+1 from me Very Happy

MaFt

PS - I did think it slightly odd that you had requested removal of a mobile van you sent a photo of!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: confirmation window required Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
PS - I did think it slightly odd that you had requested removal of a mobile van you sent a photo of!!

There's nothing like the power of wishful thinking!! Did he suggest a method of removal ( Gun Shoot Out anti tank weapon, flame thrower etc?) or leave it to you as to how? Maybe a drone attack if he sent a geotagged photo?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Enhancement request Reply with quote

When the list of upcoming cameras is empty, the next section heading of other cameras in the area comes immediately below it and then it shows the list of those cameras. When you glance quickly at the screen it is difficult to differentiate the 2 sections. Would it be possible to have a blank line after the top section if it is empty so you can clearly see that there are no upcoming cameras?

Cheers
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: iPad screen Reply with quote

really pleased the app is now using full screen on iPad but the speed icons and the bottom menus icons are no very much smaller than before. Can they be bigger there is plenty of screen to play with ?
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
I use the iPhone to stream music to my car radio using bluetooth but as Apple don't allow full use of the A2DP profile I can't use the radio controls to change tracks. I find the controls on CamerAlert useful but too small and too close to the other buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Can the audio controls be bigger or moved up screen a few millimetres?

Can I ask how you do this?
Do you have a special adapter or something?
I haven't worked out how to do this yet and wit the ipod controls on this app it would be useful.

Tx

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally use CamerAlert behind my satnav app so I don't see what it displays.

Would it be possible to have the option of a repeating warning when over speed approaching a camera. Something like repeating just the speed limit every 5 seconds would be enough for me, but how about a repeating beep as an alternative setting.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is one of the features we are looking at for the next version.
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Very Happy

Now if (and only if) you need more of a challenge, can you find a way of suppressing the alerts from parallel roads etc when it's highly unlikely that I would be changing road. My commute has a 70mph limited access dual carriageway alongside a 30 mph residential road and I always get to 30 warnings.

I accept that GPS accuracy can have an impact, and I guess that I should start tweaking the warning settings, but I am afraid to start missing legitimate warnings.

In fact I guess my reluctance to tinker with the warning defaults is not unusual, how about a few pre-set collections of detection settings (eg high sensitivity, normal, low sensitivity) for people like me?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: