Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My turn for Telmap v5 to stop working !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My turn for Telmap v5 to stop working !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: My turn for Telmap v5 to stop working ! Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Started up Telmap this evening and as it was loading it gave the message "Updating resources". After a minute or two it became "Saving Resources" and then the screen went white. Nothing happened for several minutes so exited and tried restarting the app. White screen.
Pulled the battery on my BB8900, restarted it and tried running Telmap again.
It went up to 98% and then stopped and won't go further. Trying to close it and then restart I got the white screen.
With no other choices I pulled the battery again and now it goes up to 95% and freezes.

Any ideas?

I guess it was a version update that's gone wrong?
s15lvo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same issue was thinking it might be a service issue.

I used it the other night all fine, but now at 1st I opened the app and it went to the map full of no data icons (as if its downloading the map) but nothing.

I have since reinstalled about 3 time and now also tryewd the BES edition. after reinstalling I just get the front screen and it failes at around 93 to 98%
jerrycook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: White screen freeze on startup Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem.

I’m running Telmap 5 beta version on a Blackberry Curve 8900.

When I loaded the app this morning, the message “Updating resources” was displayed followed by a blank white screen. After a few restarts and battery pulls, I downloaded the latest beta release. Now when I try to start Telmap, it freezes on the splash screen. The newer version has a green progress bar rather than the % figure displayed on the first beta. This bar almost completes, but not quite. If I move off the application, and then back onto it, I just get a white screen, and the only way I can figure out to stop the application is a reboot.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated - Many thanks.

Last edited by jerrycook on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

Did you uninstall the first beta first (if you see what I mean)? If so did you do a battery pull after the uninstall and before the install of the new version?
Might be something to try there...
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just tried to launch the app on my Sony Ericsson C905, and it did the same thing, so it looks to be a Telmap issue, and not something related to the Blackberries.

Its just sitting at a white screen right now. I am gonna wait a little longer and see if it changes.

UPDATE: Yea, mine is stuck too.. i killed the app, and relaunched, but its just stuck at 90% now. Sad

UPDATE2: I just re-installed, and when the updating resources screen came up i canceled it, and then the app came up fine.
Looks like a bad update..
roycollingwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, un-installed, rebooted, reinstalled from fresh download. I now gets to insert activation code, when i put it in, it still sits there asking.

Any ideas? I never had problems with v4.5!

Roy
jerrycook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: White Screen Reply with quote

Thanks Syborg, I did what you suggested, and have made some progress. The activation code is now requested, but when I enter it, I get a message saying 'connecting to server' before the code is asked for again. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks again for your help.
virgil91
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idem..i'have the same problem
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stumped until we get some input from TUG Admin. It certainly sounds like the guys at Telmap have made a change and fubar'd it up.

Worth pointing out to the developers that if they are making changes that it makes sense to let us know before inflicting it on us - I now need to dig out my old satnav to use when travelling next week and it will take time to get confident with it again.........
acelink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Same here on BB9700 Reply with quote

Same here.
Installed, un-installed and reinstalled 3 times .
Con not get past the activation screen one time , then next time 'updating resources' and final time just freezes.
Tried a battery pull between installs but still no luck.
Crying or Very sad
northrops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same for me on BB8900.

I uninstalled then reinstalled, got to activation code but won't go any further.

Have emailed them but apparently there is a Mobile World Congress between 14th and 21st Feb. Which, I'm guessing is where they'll be.
lifestyles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Mine stops at 97% Reply with quote

originally, I was having a bitch of a time just to get it downloaded for my 9000 Bold. Finally gave up on downloading via WAP, and downloaded and install went fine via WIFI. I am now running Bold OS 5.0.0.771. Although I was able to get the activation complete, mine freezes at 97%. At that point I get white screen and she just hangs there. Although I am able to use other apps on my Bold, Telmap is locked up. It takes a restart of device to shut it down. Doesn't matter how many restarts... always the same result... Lock up. Looking forward to input from TugAdmin... Enjoy your vacation boys! (Maybe they are taking in the Olympics! Can ya blame them! ;-) Go Canada Go!!! Woo Hoo!! )

Cool
Dass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same issue here. I know it's beta but this is really disappointing - lucky for me i do not have to rely on it every single day but hope they fix this soon - will need it in a weeks time. (Bold 9700)
ecarrot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. It was working fine couple of weeks ago. Now it's stuck at 96% and then white screen. I have BB8900 BIS with TM5 BES installed.
oggiuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having same problem, but I have just downloaded again and its ok now, I think they must have changed the download version.
It did hang on a screen saying please wait, but I rebooted and it came up ok after entering key.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: