Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - lost HD traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - lost HD traffic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
....heading for Newbury and had no Live services for the entire trip, on the way back nothing until I stopped off at the most Northern service station on the M40...

Rather ironic as Voda's UK HQ is in Newbury!
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues receiving HD traffic up here in Newcastle.

Steven

iPhone 12
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday (19th) heading up the A1 I had problems from Lincolnshire then all the way up to Newcastle A69 and A686 to Cumbria. The problem seemed to be a server problem but whenever I lost connection to the servers I would get the yellow triangle but I could never get connected again unless I reset or disabled and renabled flight connections. I just wish if it lost connection it would try and re-establish rather than me having to reset or enable the network connections several times an hour.

Again today down the M6 from Penrith to London, rubbish service until I reached the M6 toll when it all started working again and telling me about the M6 J3-J2 closures around 2pm which were not being reported on the 530 GPRS Traffic.

Outside of major built up areas I have nothing but trouble with HD traffic connections and I am now resorting to having two units on the windscreen. It is not a Vodaphone data connection issue as my mobile had vodaphone data connection for most of the trip except some rural areas in SW Northumberland. My 530 TT Traffic also maintained connection over T-Mobile for most of the trip.

When my annual live services expires in a couple of months, I may well give up and not renew if nothing has changed by then, it is just too unreliable.
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again.

Problems started yesterday evening on my journey home from Epping to Bexley, yellow triangle for most of the journey, finally started working near the Dartford Crossing after umpteen turn off/on again attempts.

This morning yellow triangle all the way from Bexley to Epping despite once again repeatedly turning the unit off and on again.

Great service when it works, but far far too unreliable to justify my continued subscription if things don't improve.
shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffis worked OK for me last night but it hasn't worked all morning.
However none of my live services are working this morning so it's just not traffic. I can't even get into My Services or am able to re logon to lIve services either
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no HD traffic or Weather until shortly after 09:30 this morning in the Northern M25 area.
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine seems to be working again now, unfortunately I'm in the office and I don't need to drive the office anywhere at present!

What are the odds that it dies again in time for my journey home?
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a response from TT, they confirmed one of their servers was down this morning, and that all should be good now.
phillevy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Harlow at the moment and it's still down here Evil or Very Mad
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's working in Epping, showing the M11 roundabout into Harlow stuffed as usual!
phillevy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is back as well now, however I've asked TT for some compensation for the exceptionally poor service over the last few weeks.
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep at them, when things went pear shaped last October/November and the traffic was never updating, eventually they gave me 6 months free subscription to live services
phillevy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swash wrote:
keep at them, when things went pear shaped last October/November and the traffic was never updating, eventually they gave me 6 months free subscription to live services

Yeah need it more than ever now working in Harlow Crying or Very sad
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well traffic on my XL live is still down. Going to send TT a mesage, not happy. Evil or Very Mad
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: No Live traffic or RDS-TMC Reply with quote

From early this morning until around 10:30am I had no Live services available and was in the position of having to drive from Bristol to Huntingdon. I've become a bit dependent upon my TomTom and more recently the HD traffic service which is brilliant when it works. Without HD traffic I feel a bit uneasy because I always have times to adhere to, so I thought, just connect my RDS-TMC receiver instead of HD traffic. It connected OK but within about thirty seconds it disconnected and HD traffic tried to connect to the server. It couldn't! About 10 minutes later the RDS receiver again connected and 30 seconds later, disconnected and HD tried again. This sequence continued until I reached the M42 when suddenly HD traffic came to life. In the past when HD service has been down I have been able to use the RDS receiver, but not today. Anyone else had this happen?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: