Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap 5-Help!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap 5-Help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joogy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Telmap 5-Help!! Reply with quote

Hi,

I downloaded version 5 this week onto my Blackberry 9700 but seem to be having a problem with my search function.
When I put in a street name it says its searching for ages and then I get the following message:

"Unable to connect to network. If problem persists,please check network settings or contact customer support"

I can access the internet via my browser no problem so cannot understand why I'm getting this message.

Maybe I'm being a bit thick here but could it be because I'm conducting the search indoors and you need to be outside?

Also whilst I'm here, i did prefer the older 4.5 version so is there anyway i can get that back?

Thanks

Joogy
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you choose the right version BIS or BES?

As to going back to 4.5 I expect the answer is no. Clearly the point of the TUG is to get feedback on beta versions - giving away the previous version would be of no benefit to Telmap.
Joogy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyBorg wrote:
Did you choose the right version BIS or BES?

As to going back to 4.5 I expect the answer is no. Clearly the point of the TUG is to get feedback on beta versions - giving away the previous version would be of no benefit to Telmap.

Hello Syborg,

Thanks for replying. Do you know what, I'm not even sure what version I chose!
Is there any way I can tell? If not is it best to delete it and then download it again and if so what version?

Thanks for your time and help.

Joogy
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of a way to check for BES/ BIS in the application.

In your situation I would confirm which I needed (normally BES if a work BB, BIS if personal but always the case), remove the current install and try again.
Joogy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyBorg wrote:
I don't know of a way to check for BES/ BIS in the application.

In your situation I would confirm which I needed (normally BES if a work BB, BIS if personal but always the case), remove the current install and try again.

Thanks Syborg. I have downloaded it again and it seems to search now and come up with addresses but only if I type in post codes and not street names! I take it for directions I would need to be outside?

Also on another forum someone said you can still get the 4.5 version by using this link

http://downloads.telmap.com/tug/inst...gator_full.jad

However I can't get it to work when I put the address on my blackberry!
Which is no surprise as I can just about switch my phone on!

Joogy
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Your problem running Telmap5 Reply with quote

Hi joogy,
I hope you have it sorted out.

In general - BES means that your BB is connected to your corporate email account through a server managed and maintained by your corporate IT department.

BIS means that you just bought your BB from your mobile provider.

But there are more accurate and technical ways to check how your BB is actually configured.

If you continue to have problems please contact us directly at TUGAdmin_at_telmap_dot_com and we will run it through our support department.
Thanks
TUGAdmin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: