Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anybody else having problems with HD Traffic at the moment?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody else having problems with HD Traffic at the moment?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marks2kuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Anybody else having problems with HD Traffic at the moment? Reply with quote

For some reason my HD Traffic on my 940 is very intermittent at the moment. When I plan a route it doesnt start up. If I try to start it manually it says my subscription has expired, even though i'm not even a month into my 3 month free trial. All other Live services work fine.

However if I switch on and off a few times, access other Live services sometimes it comes back on. These steps may just be coincidental.

Any ideas? Are TomTom having any problems? One of the US forums suggests they may be??

Thanks
Mark
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are having problems at the moment (again).

Log it with TT support.

My HD is fine, but if I look on my TT cameras page, there is a message at the bottom saying that there has been an error on the TT server, please try again later.

Better than the error message I was getting all last week though, that my subscription had expired!

Since the HD Traffic not updating debacle of November it has been one problem after another with LIVE Services.
chimpboysteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Same Here Reply with quote

I'm in the UK and have the same problem on my XL live. Anyone know of any solutions?
chimpboysteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Just spoken to TT Support Reply with quote

Apparently there is a known problem with HD Traffic over the last few days and they are working on fixing it.
marks2kuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the response I have had from TomTom. Think I'll wait before trying any of this though as it seems more likely they have a problem their end!

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your HD traffic or live services. To get them up and running consistently, please try the following:

STEP 1 Charge your device up.

- Charge your TomTom up for a minimum of 2 hours. A low battery can cause the HD Services to not function properly.

STEP 2 Reset your TomTom device

- Reset your device to factory settings via the Change Preferences Menu
- After resetting your device, you will need to set up your start-up preferences again.
- Reset your device for 30 seconds,in how to do this.
- Switch your device back on.
- Go through the Setup of your device. Do not enter any user account details at this point.

STEP 3 Obtain a GPS Signal Outside

- Take your navigation device outside and make sure you have a GPS signal.

STEP 4 Check the Network Status

- In the Bottom Right hand corner of the main map screen, tap onto the Signal Strength Indicator screen. You will see the version number
- Tap onto the version number, you will see the version screen, and at the bottom of the screen tap onto the 'Network' button.
- You should see your network status here

- Check network status until it shows status 'CONNECTED'

- If the status is “connected”, you should be receiving traffic information. Please note that it can take up to 10-20 minutes for the TomTom device to get a traffic update. This is because the device has been reset and/or you have installed an update.

- In the main navigation screen wait up to 20 mins until Traffic bar displays blue (Receiving HD Traffic)

- Go to Main Menu - TomTom Services - tap on the service you would like to update on your device

All should now be working as it should.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what a surprise. Thats EXACTLY the same stock answer I was given yesterday for the issues I reported to them at the start of last week. Rolling Eyes

Apparently my "Question" (It's not a question, it's a fault!) has gone to 2nd line support as they can not offer me an imideate solution at this time.

Here we go again. Evil or Very Mad
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Safety Cameras magically started updating at approx 6pm - maybe you all want to give it a go as I stopped getting the error messages about there being a problem with the TT servers, so maybe they have fixed them (again).
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
wow, what a surprise. Thats EXACTLY the same stock answer I was given yesterday for the issues I reported to them at the start of last week. Rolling Eyes

Apparently my "Question" (It's not a question, it's a fault!) has gone to 2nd line support as they can not offer me an imideate solution at this time.

Here we go again. Evil or Very Mad

And did you expect anything different - you should know better than that by now Laughing Out Loud
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marks2kuk wrote:

- Check network status until it shows status 'CONNECTED'

- If the status is “connected”, you should be receiving traffic information.

Notice there is nothing about what to do if it says 'NOT CONNECTED' (which is what I'm getting on two units at the moment).
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird - mine is still working.

Do you have a GPS fix Andy, Mike has noticed that with Nav9 it sometimes doesn't connect unless you have.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marks2kuk wrote:
This is the response I have had from TomTom.

- If the status is “connected”, you should be receiving traffic information. Please note that it can take up to 10-20 minutes for the TomTom device to get a traffic update. This is because the device has been reset and/or you have installed an update.

- In the main navigation screen wait up to 20 mins until Traffic bar displays blue (Receiving HD Traffic)

That response really worries me, I can see no reason why if the system was working it would take 20 minutes to download an update from TomTom. I would expect updates to occur in almost real time, and when the system is occaisionally working they do.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and in the words of TT
Quote:
Traffic updates every 3 minutes, sent directly to your device

Funny, as IIRC it used to say in real time![/quote]
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as the others here . I followed the delete and reinstall the navcore and did all that they asked. I have to wait for them to get back to me with the answer, some hope.

XL IQ Live western Europe with 11 months live subs.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the info I had from TT today, they said they did have a problem with the LIVE Services and it has now been resolved.

I take it that it is still not working for some then?
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
According to the info I had from TT today, they said they did have a problem with the LIVE Services and it has now been resolved.

I take it that it is still not working for some then?

They may have, as the message from them was today which I read this evening. I will try tomorrow and post back. I am sure it's thier end thats at fault.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: