Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Nov 11, 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

Major problems now with updates. As my previous post I have installed Win 7 Professional 64 bit. I have DL the latest speed camera updates but cannot install them into my Satnav. The problem seems to be that I cannot install the Navman F20 desktop service pack and so cannot find the update files that I have DL.
I will shortly be changing to a iMac, so I hope I wont be having the same problems with that. If I cannot install the updates I will reluctantly have to terminate my subscription. Censored Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor


Joined: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am not sure about windows 7 but i know Navman currently are not MAC compatible, unless you use an emulator.

Have you installed the F20 desktop in XP compatability mode?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Nov 11, 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainDrift wrote:
Hi,
I am not sure about windows 7 but i know Navman currently are not MAC compatible, unless you use an emulator.

Have you installed the F20 desktop in XP compatability mode?


Yes I tried that also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
korky
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 13, 2006
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: 64 bit Reply with quote

You can not load the navman in 64 bit win 7 or vista it is not suppoerted Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor


Joined: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Professional,
I managed to install the F20 desktop fine.
Which version of Windows 7 are you running?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Nov 11, 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainDrift wrote:
I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Professional,
I managed to install the F20 desktop fine.
Which version of Windows 7 are you running?

Sorry for not replying to you before now, but have been busy. I was running win7 professional & could not get F20 desk top to install, so you must have been lucky with it. I have now bought a iMac & partitioned the disk, I have then installed win7 prof 32bit on this so I now do not have a problem.

Thanks again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Nov 11, 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiftflo wrote:
CaptainDrift wrote:
I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Professional,
I managed to install the F20 desktop fine.
Which version of Windows 7 are you running?

Sorry for not replying to you before now, but have been busy. I was running win7 professional & could not get F20 desk top to install, so you must have been lucky with it. I have now bought a iMac & partitioned the disk, I have then installed win7 prof 32bit on this so I now do not have a problem.

Thanks again.


Oh dear, spoke to soon. I have just tryed to install the latest updates, but cannot.
I am told F20 desktop cannot connect to device & F20 service pack update has failed. I don't know where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Nov 11, 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiftflo wrote:
swiftflo wrote:
CaptainDrift wrote:
I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Professional,
I managed to install the F20 desktop fine.
Which version of Windows 7 are you running?

Sorry for not replying to you before now, but have been busy. I was running win7 professional & could not get F20 desk top to install, so you must have been lucky with it. I have now bought a iMac & partitioned the disk, I have then installed win7 prof 32bit on this so I now do not have a problem.

Thanks again.


Oh dear, spoke to soon. I have just tryed to install the latest updates, but cannot.
I am told F20 desktop cannot connect to device & F20 service pack update has failed. I don't know where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.


At the same time as this posting I also emailed Mio(Navman) for an answer. I have received their reply which tells me to maually install the drivers for the F20 desktop , so will give that a try & see what happens. They also tell me that they do not support 64bit win7 & do not officially support 32bit win7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
20.083 (17 Aug 22)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping