Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New app out for GO 950 (v9.026)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New app out for GO 950 (v9.026)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiddling with bootloaders, there is enough tomtom regularly muck up without doing it yourself...... Back to the question, tomtom still hasn't posted what they have done with 9.026, waiting for a question to be answered re same, direct from tt support.

Jeff
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRT has already posted "whats been fixed" in this release on the previous page its to do with TomTom safety cameras and incorrect speed limits for the associated warnings - Mike
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this thread I decided to downgrade my bootloader from 5.5259 to 5.5120 (or falsely 5.5260 as I now have to call it) and this on first examination appears to let me use the V9.026 software on the 940 without the battery going flat when turned off.
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
MRT has already posted "whats been fixed" in this release on the previous page its to do with TomTom safety cameras and incorrect speed limits for the associated warnings - Mike

Might be what has happened on a 940, I have a 950 and heard that that fix was for the 50 models only ????? I think people better go back and check the "whats new in applications" because not all new applications are for all models, eg

"Version 9.025
(GO x50 LIVE, GO x50)
This update fixes the following bugs:
Command and controll voices spell text instead of pronouncing it.
Contacts are copied incorrectly from iPhone 3GS to GO x50
."

"Version 9.024
(GO x50 LIVE, GO x50, XL IQ Routes, ONE IQ Routes)
This update fixes the following bugs:
Imported entries from the phone book in Russian show question marks instead of Cyrillic letters.
Adding a Greek POI causes the device to crash and reboot.
Computer voices cannot read names with special characters (e.g. é, à, ä, ß, ñ, ø). This effects French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
Other minor bugs"

and if you download the application away from tomtom home, you might be causing more problems than fixing them. Subsequently, the need for TT to post whats been fixed and for what models. My question re that remains unresolved.

One of the problems with forums like this is whats discussed regarding new applications etc, might not be TT product wide and only for certain models. I know some will say that TT home is useless Surprised but, it only offers downloads for the relevant TT model attached!! Cool

Jeff
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
No, the editing is done in the "system" file where the version number is changed. This needs to be done with care as an error in the system file could brick the device. If anyone needs to work this out they can research it on the web but this is getting too close to other hacking which I believe to be outside the scope of this forum.

I have hinted at this method previously. Whilst it is not possible to downgrade a bootloader with 'official' methods, there are ways of doing it. This is way beyond the scope of most users, and the advice should always be to stick with the latest official bootloader for your device.

Using the method you used, what happens if the next official bootloader for your device is still a lower version number than the artificial version number on your device? You then have to edit the system file to get the TT to see the new bootloader as an upgrade. You are now in a vicious circle you can't get out of.

And what if you need a repair under warranty and you have a bootloader version that is either not meant for your device or doesn't actually exist as far as TT are concerned. They are probably within their rights to refuse a repair at this point.

Whilst some of us are willing to take the risk of 'bricking' their device or may have access to a tool to downgrade bootloaders by whatever means, it is not something that should be encouraged or discussed.

The advice is simple - if you are going to put Navcore for other devices on your TT then DON'T copy the system file over so your bootloader stays untouched.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree, if you are not confident or willing to take risks do not use the incorrect bootloader, especially across different product ranges.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orion_jb2001 wrote:

One of the problems with forums like this is whats discussed regarding new applications etc, might not be TT product wide and only for certain models.

Not a problem with the forum!

Whenever a new software version gets announced here, the poster (as in "person who made the post") always tends to say what models it was intended for; and there are plenty of warnings in most of those topics about only using software intended for other models AT YOUR OWN RISK.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but we would get bored if we didn't have XLs with TTS running Nav9 and looking like a x50 Laughing Out Loud

Somehow I always end up going back to the original Navcore though because something packs in (usually LIVE services) and I never know if it is something I have done or TT's fault.

Guess what, 9 times out of 10 it is TT!

Anyway - my device is running 100% software designed for it - I have decided I will wait for Nav9 for the XL LIVE to be released - it can't be too far away as it is out for the XL (2009) models.

I bet it still has the Nav8 skin though - I quite like the new status bar and route summary screen but they seem to be x50 exclusive. Shame. Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: