Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My Impression/Feedback on 5.0 Beta 1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My Impression/Feedback on 5.0 Beta 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imercado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyBorg wrote:
I would guess that it does this because I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that Telmap downloads the route and some variants to quickly keep you moving but does not recalculate the route until you have gone off the variants (if you see what I mean).

I just encountered a situation this morning where this produced less than desirable results. I took a "shortcut" that I take regularly when traffic is heavy, and wanted to see how Telmap would react to it. It initially took it well without recalculating, but what I found was that Telmap wanted to loop me back around and get back on the original route. It wasn't until I deviated further from the known "possible routes" that Telmap decided to recalculate.

I would have been better off if Telmap had tried to recalculate some of those other possiblities BEFORE I had the make the further deviation on my shortcut as looping back around to the original route would NOT have been the quickest way once I embarked on the shortcut. Perhaps some sort of background route recalculation would help smarten things up a bit?
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Routing problems Reply with quote

Hi j8ke20,
Thanks for your feedback regarding the routing problem.

We would really like to investigate this - but in order to do so we really need to know exact details of your route and the location of your diagram.
If you could provide us with:
- Where you started
- What was the destination you were looking for
- Exact location including Street names in your diagram

I would pass this through the right department and try to either discover a bug or provide you with an explanation.
You might prefer to send these details by email to TUGAdmin_at_telmap_dot_com rather than providing them in the forum for public viewing.
THanks
TUGAdmin
WolfmanRobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Just tried again Reply with quote

Well, After being told I was a little harsh, I decided to pull down the latest build and give it another spin.

All in all, I hold to my original statements. The program lasted less than 12 hours on my Blackberry before being removed again.

I saw no improvements in any of the areas I had addressed as concerns for me. GPS lock time was MUCH slower, battery drain went up considerably, and the search was a little better... instead of pointing me to POI's 120 miles away, it pointed me to POI's 50 miles away, with the one I was seaching for 20 ft in front of me (I was standing in the CVS Pharmacy parking lot when searching for CVS Pharmacy).
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello WolfmanRobby,

Thank you for your feedback. Your input regarding the slow GPS lock time will be examined. In addition, can you please specify the date and the location in which you performed the search for the CVS Pharmacy? you are welcome to send those details by mail to tugadmin at telmap dot com.

Best regards,
TUG admin
WolfmanRobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to bother with the email as, honestly, unless you guys make some major improvements, I've lost all interest in this program.

Fix the problems, and I'll reconsider.

As for the CVS, I was standing in the parking lot of THIS CVS
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=34.29696,-83.825265&spn=0.001525,0.00284&t=h&z=19 (It's the building that map is centered on).

My GPS had a SOLID lock on the GPS signal, but, when I searched for the exact term "CVS Pharmacy" the closest one it would give me was over 50 miles away. There are dozens, if not a hundred CVS stores within that 50 mile radius including the one a few FEET from me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: