Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another Christmas Disaster
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Christmas Disaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldfrog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Another Christmas Disaster Reply with quote

SWMO duly delivered my SatMap on Christmas day and I worked really well until I bricked it trying to upgrade to 1.4. Just sits there in "Recovery Mode" saying "Insert an SD card with a valid firmware update". Seems to have tried/partially succeeded to update as the battery indicator is in the new orientation. Guess I need to talk to SatMap on Tuesday Sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the first thing about SatMap. But didn't SWMBO tell you quite clearly to back it up before doing anything else? Stop it! I bet she at least told you not to brick it?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Another Christmas Disaster Reply with quote

Goldfrog wrote:
SWMO duly delivered my SatMap on Christmas day and I worked really well until I bricked it trying to upgrade to 1.4. Just sits there in "Recovery Mode" saying "Insert an SD card with a valid firmware update". Seems to have tried/partially succeeded to update as the battery indicator is in the new orientation. Guess I need to talk to SatMap on Tuesday Sad

Goldfrog,

Try removing the back of the Satmap,disconnecting whatever battery you are using ( be careful with the plug,it's fragile ),wait a few seconds,reconnect the battery and try again.

If no joy then yes it's on to Satmap.

Ian
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bosun says; disconnect the power, reconnect, then try again.

I accidentally disconnected my A10 during a firmware update today (long story....who'd be a beta tester?! Rolling Eyes ) and ended-up with the same brick/error message that you did, but by following this advice, the PC version of SatSync successfully re-flashed the unit and now it's working again Very Happy

(I really must stop meddling, and instead live by the motto "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...")
Goldfrog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
As Bosun says; disconnect the power, reconnect, then try again.

I accidentally disconnected my A10 during a firmware update today (long story....who'd be a beta tester?! Rolling Eyes ) and ended-up with the same brick/error message that you did, but by following this advice, the PC version of SatSync successfully re-flashed the unit and now it's working again Very Happy

(I really must stop meddling, and instead live by the motto "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...")

Thanks Lucevans, all is now well, with the added bonus that my wife and kids got to talk to me Christmas day Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: