Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live v8 Pocket PC Update !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live v8 Pocket PC Update !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xamastrok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Copilot Live 8 update for WinMo (8.0.0.557) crashing Reply with quote

Rumball wrote:

I have the exact same problem on my Diamond running WM6.1 and Manila Sense 2.5. As with you, the previous version worked fine but after "upgrading" to 557 it crashes anytime I enable 3D mode. I have submitted a problem report to ALK...and you should too just to make sure that they do not think it is an isolated bug. I even posted a video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyn0vLJJ10U) so that ALK can see the bug in action.

Also...fyi...if I disable Manila 2.5 (by deselecting it from the Today screen) then I can start CoPilot and enable 3D display...so I wonder if there is some conflict happening between the two applications...

At last, and I thought that I was mad being the only one to report this!

I have noticed this on my Dell x51v with Windows Mobile 6.1 (LennySh Edition), but also on a perfectly normal HTC Touch Diamond 2 (Windows Mobile 6.5, the official ROM). Maybe if I disable Touch-Flo it will work !??!

I have no idea about a possible conflict. At some point, on HTC, after the usual crash, the operating system reported that "player.exe" has crashed. Maybe this is helpful?

Yes, I will report it to ALK, thank you. Is it possible that they release an update, whose major purpose was bug fixing and they manage to destroy 3D?? But I think I know the answer: they don't care that much about Windows Mobile anymore.
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a copy of CoPilot 8 and installed it onto my FS Loox N560. But with no QWERTY keyboard it difficult to use and what's more it cannot even find the road where I have lived for the last 30 years.

I have contacted CoPilot support and they tell me a QWERTY keyboard will be available but cannot give me any idea of when and they will look into why I cannot see my own address.

I have asked for a refund but nothing yet.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
OdinBear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h5djr wrote:
I purchased a copy of CoPilot 8 and installed it onto my FS Loox N560. But with no QWERTY keyboard it difficult to use and what's more it cannot even find the road where I have lived for the last 30 years.

I have contacted CoPilot support and they tell me a QWERTY keyboard will be available but cannot give me any idea of when and they will look into why I cannot see my own address.

I have asked for a refund but nothing yet.

Don't want to depress you but, they have been promising "the qwerty keyboard is due' in the sites "FAQ" since August. They sorted it in the iPhone but the 8.0.0.557 update didn't deliver it. No suprise there, one of my friends purchased ver 7 online via their website the day before ver 8 came out and they wanted him to pay the full price for ver 8 before they would refund him for ver7. He told them to get stuffed. Your probably going to have a long wait..
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have finally, after much back and forward with ALK, received a reply from them which reads as follows:

After careful investigation, you are not entitled to a refund for the following reasons:

1) ALK never advertised a QWERTY keyboard for Copilot 8. Just because v7 had a QWERTY keyboard doesn't mean our next version will have a QWERTY keyboard.
2) As explained, you can report your missing address to NAVTEQ and they will add it. You can also add it by going to this address and add as a favourite with 'pick on map'.
3) The phone crashing will not be caused by CoPilot and just because the phone is no longer usable is not a valid reason for a refund as this does not make Copilot unusable. Copilot can be used on another Windows Mobile phone.

So my advice to anyone considering CoPilot 8 is NOT to buy it.

I have tried all sorts of software for both my pc and my pda and ALK are one of the few people who do not offer a 'try before you buy'. Perhaps this is because, if they did, no one would buy their software.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: