Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing speed camera data base on Nav N Go iGO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing speed camera data base on Nav N Go iGO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Installing speed camera data base on Nav N Go iGO Reply with quote

I have a Nav N Go iGO GPS and need to install the speed camera data base i have followed all the instructions without success can any one help me

Snowy jp
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all - HAVE you subscribed to the database Rolling Eyes ?

If 'yes' then can you be more specific about the way in which you were unsuccessful Confused

IE what instructions did you actually follow (whatever steps you can remember) and what happened/didn't-happen-that you-expected?

Incidentally, I suggest you carry on this in
Quote:
data downloads
where you started it. Saves duplication and confusion and should get you a quicker answer.

MOD EDIT:
BigPerk wrote:

Incidentally, I suggest you carry on this in 'data downloads'.....

Good idea David, but in this case it did continue here, so I'll lock the other one instead. Smile - Andy_P.
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
First of all - HAVE you subscribed to the database Rolling Eyes ?

If 'yes' then can you be more specific about the way in which you were unsuccessful Confused

IE what instructions did you actually follow (whatever steps you can remember) and what happened/didn't-happen-that you-expected?

Incidentally, I suggest you carry on this in
Quote:
data downloads
where you started it. Saves duplication and confusion and should get you a quicker answer.

Hi
Thanx for ur reply
First Yes I subsribe to the data base downlods

I downloaded the data base into unzipped and followed the installation guide supplied by pocket world could not use Active Sync so i dragged and dropped the files into iGor 8
i went into settings on the GSP then into warnings the safety camera loaded after about 5 min on road testing it did not work
i tried all the folders ( iGo8 ,Content , But no results

I hope u can give me another way to load the data into the GSP

Thanks again

Snowyjp
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .txt file should go in the IGO8\Content\Speedcam folder. When you restart IGO, it should pause on something like 'INITIALLISING SAFETY DATA'. Ther should already be a .scdb and a .spud file in this folder
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
The .txt file should go in the IGO8\Content\Speedcam folder. When you restart IGO, it should pause on something like 'INITIALLISING SAFETY DATA'. Ther should already be a .scdb and a .spud file in this folder

Hi thanks for your response but so far no luck the data folder is a zip the speed camera mode does not appear in the warning setting any more

is the a way to get it back

Is there a way to load Garmin safety camera data into my unit i tried but got a message it has to be a gpx life it is a gpi

Snowyjp
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will need to extract the contents of the zip file.

a garmin file won't work in igo. the garmin gpi file is a custom file for garmin. igo requires plain text as per our downloads for igo.

MaFt
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
you will need to extract the contents of the zip file.

a garmin file won't work in igo. the garmin gpi file is a custom file for garmin. igo requires plain text as per our downloads for igo.

MaFt

Hi Again I did all but still no alerts was it oK to drag n drop the data files into the IGO8 folder or do i need an installer mmmmmmm nearly ready to give up
or do i start all over again
Regards\Snowyjp
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyjp wrote:
nearly ready to give up
Don't do that. We'll crack it
snowyjp wrote:
was it oK to drag n drop the data files into the IGO8 folder

Yes, That's OK.
Lets have a review.
You need to unzip the .txt file from within the downloaded zip file. It's called pocketgps_uk_sc.txt and the current uk one is 297,515 bytes.
You then need do drag and drop this file into the IGO8\Content\Speedcam folder. This folder is not zipped, and it's not in the data.zip file.
Restart IGO and it should pause during loading as I said above.
The controls to enable speedcam alerts will not be displayed until you have a satelite lock with the standard skin. If you are in Switzerland, they will not appear at all, as it's illegal to use them there.
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
snowyjp wrote:
nearly ready to give up
Don't do that. We'll crack it
snowyjp wrote:
was it oK to drag n drop the data files into the IGO8 folder

Yes, That's OK.
Lets have a review.
You need to unzip the .txt file from within the downloaded zip file. It's called pocketgps_uk_sc.txt and the current uk one is 297,515 bytes.
You then need do drag and drop this file into the IGO8\Content\Speedcam folder. This folder is not zipped, and it's not in the data.zip file.
Restart IGO and it should pause during loading as I said above.
The controls to enable speedcam alerts will not be displayed until you have a satelite lock with the standard skin. If you are in Switzerland, they will not appear at all, as it's illegal to use them there.

Hi OK i dropped the text file into speed camera folder there is only one file in there it is SpeedCamUpdates SPUD file 1kb is that ok

I am in Australia so the download is aust/nz
thnx
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyjp wrote:
Hi OK i dropped the text file into speed camera folder there is only one file in there it is SpeedCamUpdates SPUD file 1kb is that ok

thnx
That sounds OK. When Igo starts, it should read the new .txt file and convert it into a .scdb file for IGO to actually use. I assume that you are running it from an SD Card, otherwise there could be a conflict between the stuff in internal memory and stuff on the SD. Latest Aus file is 51255 bytes when unzipped.
As an afterthought. Upload the spud file to your PC and check the size. Put a couple of dummy local user speedcams into the device. Re-upload the spud file and see if it's bigger and thr date has changed, if so, this will verify thet IGO is using the location in which you have fround the spud file.
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
snowyjp wrote:

thnx
That sounds OK. When Igo starts, it should read the new .txt file and convert it into a .scdb file for IGO to actually use. I assume that you are running it from an SD Card, otherwise there could be a conflict between the stuff in internal memory and stuff on the SD. Latest Aus file is 51255 bytes when unzipped.
As an afterthought. Upload the spud file to your PC and check the size. Put a couple of dummy local user speedcams into the device. Re-upload the spud file and see if it's bigger and thr date has changed, if so, this will verify thet IGO is using the location in which you have fround the spud file.

i am sorry to being a pain i opened the camera update file (spud) it was all encrypted words

it seems the text files have to be converted to a spud file
that is not happening

I followed all the installation guides supplied by pocket

in Ebook the files are there so what we need is the txt files converted to spud ( i think)
i am at a loss sorry

Is it possilble to use garmen POI to install the data base
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyjp wrote:

i am sorry to being a pain i opened the camera update file (spud) it was all encrypted words

It's not encrypted, it just uses wierd units, so looks like it's encrypted

snowyjp wrote:
that is not happening
The text file is not converted to a spud file, it should be converted to a spdb file. The spud file contains user input cams from the add camera function of IGO.

snowyjp wrote:

No, I don't think so.
Have you done/ investigated what I suggested in my previous posts?
If so, please post the results so that we can progress this.
Just had another thought. What version of IGO and PDA/PNA are you using. There might be differences Shocked
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
snowyjp wrote:

snowyjp wrote:
that is not happening
The text file is not converted to a spud file, it should be converted to a spdb file. The spud file contains user input cams from the add camera function of IGO.

snowyjp wrote:

No, I don't think so.
Just had another thought. What version of IGO and PDA/PNA are you using. There might be differences Shocked

Ok
I uploaded the spud file which is the update file to microsoft word the icon changed to a word icon

it had no content i put a couple of speed cameras on the map i then put the spud file back in and it did not change is that what u wanted
there is no scdb file there
the version is a 2006 model

do we need to change the text file to a scdb

Snowyjp
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyjp wrote:
M8TJT wrote:
snowyjp wrote:

snowyjp wrote:
that is not happening

snowyjp wrote:

No, I don't think so.

Ok
I uploaded the spud file which is the update file to microsoft word the icon changed to a word icon

it had no content i put a couple of speed cameras on the map i then put the spud file back in and it did not change is that what u wanted
there is no scdb file there
the version is a 2006 model

do we need to change the text file to a scdb

Snowyjp

i did it again i put a camera on the map and dragged the spud file to the desk top it change to a 1 kb content so i dragged it back into speed camera
snowyjp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Installing speed camera data base Reply with quote

snowyjp wrote:
I have a Nav N Go iGO GPS and need to install the speed camera data base i have followed all the instructions without success can any one help me

Snowy jp

would it be possible for u to convert the speed camera dat base from txt to spdb file and send to me to upload

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: