Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SysOnchip GPS CF Plus Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SysOnchip GPS CF Plus Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: SysOnchip GPS CF Plus Help Reply with quote

I have just taken delivery of one, but am unable to get it to communicate with my TomTom 2 software. The power light is on but on the GPS status page there is no activity. I'm using an Ipaq 2210.

The GPS settings are Selected as: sysonchip GPS CF Plus & Sysonchip CF_GPS_Receiver and the box is ticked.

Any help appreciated

Dan
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the GPS Status page, are the dots (far right) moving left to right ? If not, select under the SETUP tab NMEA0183v2 4800, also make sure you have a good view of the sky, intial factory fixes sometimes can take as long as 12.5 mins on GPS Receivers to download a full almanac table and ephemeris table, although in reality most don't usually take this long as they have already been testes at the factory.
Blade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: SysonChip CF Plus Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, it's now working perfectly with those settings.
Funny that the 2210 has the CF Plus listed but wont work with those settings.

Dan
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A touch of subject

Have any of you tried the 4800 SIRF how does that perform ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try SiRF, off the top of my head without checking my notes, I can't remember if it was 4800, 9600 or 38400 I used, but really didn't see much difference. The problem is TomTom Navigator 2 still doesn't properly support SiRF mode west of Greenwich.
mcjones56
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Dell Axim X5 & Sysonchip CF GPS Reply with quote

I have recently ordered and received a SysonChip CF GPS receiver (after reading the reviews on PocketGPSWorld) for use with my Dell Axim X5 400Mhz 64Mb & TomTom II (I already have the TomTom GPS Mouse which I use in my car with excellent results).

My problem is that I can't egt the SysonChip GPS receiver to work at all (I know the CF slot is OK as I have a Bluetooth adapter that works fine). Crying or Very sad

The symptoms are when I tell either the TomTom GPS (v.2.08 ) s/w to use the SysonChip or the SysonChip's own software, the Dell just sits there with the GPS light on and uses almost all the processor power of the Dell (the clock still works!), I normally give up after 1/2 to 3/4 hous and reset the Dell. The SysonChip CF GPS receiver appears on the device list and also on TomTom's GPS menu OK.

I've tried NMEAv2 4800 as recommended in this forum with the same results, and also tried a few other settings, all very frustrating...and time consuming. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Mike
mdekker15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell Axim X5 & Sysonchip CF GPS Reply with quote

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Axim. Try this: http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread/t-35535.html

It worked for me.
rtjwilliams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
On the GPS Status page, are the dots (far right) moving left to right ? If not, select under the SETUP tab NMEA0183v2 4800, also make sure you have a good view of the sky, intial factory fixes sometimes can take as long as 12.5 mins on GPS Receivers to download a full almanac table and ephemeris table, although in reality most don't usually take this long as they have already been testes at the factory.

Dave

i have tomtom3 but cannot find the 'set up tab' where is it?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually for quite some time now been called the GPS tab, I just know it as the setup tab. In the GPS applet you should see at the bottom STATUS | GPS | LOG, the GPS screen allows you to configure the GPS, the STATUS should show you the moving dots and the LOG screen is for recording and playing back routes you will/have record(ed).
rtjwilliams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, got it working now, thankyou

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: