Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Zagg Invisible Shield
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Zagg Invisible Shield
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a matte Vikuiti in place for about six months I suppose and have used it both cycling and walking.

It is as good now as the day I fitted it,no deterioration whatsoever.

It cetainly cuts down on reflections from the screen in sunlight.

I have it fitted to the inner screen and dispense with the outer.

You are supposed to be able to peel it off and reapply it but I have had no need to do this so can't really comment.

Ian
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for all their comments. Much appeciated.

I have now purchased the Vikuiti protectors. Before applying the protector did anyone clean the screen first and if so, how did you do it. I don't want to scratch it but I don't want any dirt under the protector. Cann anyone advise me how to proceed please
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostme wrote:
I have now purchased the Vikuiti protectors. Before applying the protector did anyone clean the screen first and if so, how did you do it. I don't want to scratch it but I don't want any dirt under the protector. Cann anyone advise me how to proceed please

I simply blew any dust off with a camera lens blower then wiped it with a lens wipe.

Don't forget thay are reapplyable so if any dust gets trapped just take it off and reapply it.

Ian
WalkerDan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to answer my own question, I've bought the Vikuiti 160 screen cover and also the 6 x screen protector from Vikuiti (6 for £2.00) for the Satmap and have put one of the latter on the Satmap outer screen and it seems to do a fine job although it probably won't last forever but fine for me at the moment.
borgelite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 6 protectionfilm24 Satmap covers for £2.50 to protect the inside screen. I guess you get what you pay for. They don't look great when they're on and don't have the conforming qualities of better covers like the Zagg. Not bad value though for £2.50 but you can tell you have a screen cover on unlike the Zagg which really hugged the screen better and didn't show any minute flecks of dust like these ones.
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have applied the Vikuiti protector DQC 160 to the inner screen and discarded the outer cover to improve visability and reduce reflection. I didn't make a very good job of it and unforunately some dust got on to the screen before I finished applying it and is now trapped underneath. Has anyone any suggestions how I can get the dust off the stick side of the protector so I can try to re apply it again. I don't understand german so I can't make out what they are trying to tell you on the Vikuiti web site in their video clip.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Jean

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: