Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TYRE SOFTWARE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TYRE SOFTWARE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: TYRE SOFTWARE Reply with quote

Very Happy

Hi

I have been a long time user of Tyre for planning routes using Google earth and transfering them on to my tomtom during the summer I use the product alot to plan routes for members of the local motorcycle group ( it exports in garmen fortmat too) An update was posted a very short time ago version 5.51 (build6)

As usual when Tyre noted there was an update available I down loaded it, but to my horror there was a bug and it would no longer open the route in google earth. I emailed a report to Jan the developer within a couple of hours he was back to me asking for further information, which I supplied back and within 24 hours he had found the bug corrected it and posted a new upddate to the website.

Of course the software worked properly following the update. This guy does this for free the software is free to download ( donations are welcome) and you get exceptional service. Compare this with Tomtom I have sent them a query about navcore updates for the rider2 5 days later they come back with a standard reply ( there are regular updates to all software/firmware) and ask for my full system details. I updated this within hours, but so far after a week it just shows waiting under status.

|If only there wer more like Tyre.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi exportman
I use Tyre on a regular day to day basis and like you I think it is brilliant.
My Tomtom 720 is also brilliant and I would give it 10 out of ten. However, when one wants help from Tomtom’s support team that is a different kettle of fish. One out of ten.
It is this forum that has answered my queries and solved any problems that I have had and without this site I may have binned my device long ago.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: