Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Decrease in volume on GO 720 after downloading latest databs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Decrease in volume on GO 720 after downloading latest databs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huffy2403
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Decrease in volume on GO 720 after downloading latest databs Reply with quote

This is an odd one - but seems too coincidental now, so I am appealing for any ideas please.

I own a GO 720 and use this web site a lot to download the latest speed camera database.

I have noticed that every other time I have loaded this database; there is a massive difference on the volume of my unit. This goes for any announcement, including camera warnings and route planning.

If it is quiet on a download, when I update the next time - the volume reverts to a much louder and more audible one. Then on the next download it goes quiet again.

I have checked the volume setting on my unit and even at maximum it is not a lout as it should be.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there any fix please

Thanks - Brent
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest there's absolutely no way I can see how this can happen if you are ONLY downloading the weekly camera database updates.

As you're probably aware, the download only contains the .ov2 data fles and the .bmp icons there are no sound files in the normal download and there's also nothing there that can affect the sound volume at all.

Are you absolutely sure it happens when you do a normal download of the camera database and not when after any other sort of update? (via Home for example)

All I can think of that could affect the warning volume is a new set of .ogg files or a new software version, and the ONLY things that could affect the navigation voice (which you say changes too), is a new software version or a new version of Jane or whatever voice you use.

I'm completely flummoxed by this one, but to try to get a handle on what's going on, can you say:
what version of the camera database you download?
what sound files you use?
what method you use to link them to the data files (are they in the map folder or the sounds folder?)
What software version are you running?
do you have TomTom's own camera database installed as well?

Last thought... do you have "Link volume to noise level" ticked in volume preferences?? If you do, un-tick it and check for a few days to see if the volume is more consistent.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely check that tick box....On some software versions the volume no longer auto-adjusts properly. With auto-adjust checked, the volume remains the same, but this non-changing level is 30%-40% quieter than without auto-adjust checked.

And I've certainly noticed that after updates or re-boots (but NOT just updating the PGPSW cameras), that box tends to get ticked somehow.

TUBBS... I've split your question to it's own topic HERE
huffy2403
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips fellow forum members.

I have downloaded the database again today and have also unticked the box - as suggested.

Will test and come back if I still have the problem ( although it is the turn for the volume to be louder any way ! ).

Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: