Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v845 PostCode data Download Link
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v845 PostCode data Download Link
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theloft wrote:
Opened the zip folder on my TT and it is showing 2 files for Great Britain and 2 for Nederlands dated 2007 and compressed zip of 10 mb dated to-day. I thought the new one overwrote the older ones ? Should I delete the old ones and does the zipped file automatically unzip to the TT.

No, you need to un-zip the downloaded file on your PC BEFORE you copy it to the TomTom.

Un-zipping it should create a folder with four files inside (the same as is already on the TT, but newer versions). Just copy the entire folder into the same place on the TT and say yes to any Windows prompts asking if you want to overwrite the older files.

(It's easy to get confused when the compressed/zipped folder which you download is itself called "zip", but that's just a coincidence - it's called that because the Americans call post codes "zip codes". Smile )
theloft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike & Andy. Have now sorted it. I deleted the zip file on my TT, then unzipped it on my PC , copied and downloaded to the TT. Grateful for the advice.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: