Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another HD Traffic FAIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another HD Traffic FAIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy1 wrote:
My ticket number is 1091116-114722. Out of interest has anyone used HD Traffic with the 8.371 app yet? I'm sure it wont make any difference though!

Latest app for the XL LIVE is 8.419 at the mo - have to wait for one of the GO users to confirm or deny on 8.371

Somehow (for once) I doubt it is an application issue, more of an infrastructure issue.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Couple this with the hour long LIVE Services are unavailable message at approx 1:30pm today whilst in the New Forest area on the A31 and it has been appalling over the last 2 days. RDS-TMC is better than this and free.

I lost Live services at about that time today too, just as I was pulling into London - it had been updating frequently enough all the way there until it dropped connection. No amount of switching on and off would affect it. It came back on at 3pm, just in time to tell me my destination, Trafalgar Square, was busy (is that a fact?).

Anyway, what are you hoping for this time Andy? - a 950 Live (I'd advise a 1050 Live, or maybe an 1150 Live - they'll have the stutter cured by then, maybe).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy1 wrote:
Out of interest has anyone used HD Traffic with the 8.371 app yet? I'm sure it wont make any difference though!

Yes, made no differance to me today. Switched on at around 16:30, initially it didn't connect, left it alone then it connected a few min later. To me this indicates the device is still requesting access to the network.

Did the data update?

Nope. Did a couple of manual resets out of interest which led me to establish the data was still no refreshing. Same old story.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Anyway, what are you hoping for this time Andy? - a 950 Live (I'd advise a 1050 Live, or maybe an 1150 Live - they'll have the stutter cured by then, maybe).

Seeing as I have just paid my first £7.99 for LIVE Services, perhaps a traffic service that works! The XL LIVE does me fine - I have long since given up on the bells and whistles of the GO range - I wouldn't take a 950 if it was free!

Typical isn't it that for four months it has been faultless (with no stuttering Laughing Out Loud), as soon as I get my cash out it all goes wrong.

Anyone would think TT have it in for me!! Some would say justifiably so.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'mean I can expect all this cr4p when I start subscribing for mine next month? Mind you, I'm not subscribing for the HD Traffic which I feel is better, but still "no cigar" - I'm going for the Google Search, anything else is a bonus (of sorts!). Still, if the server is uncontactable, it makes no difference whether I'm after Traffic or a Google!

My pluserror.txt file is 81 pages long when copied/pasted into my wordprocessor. But the dates seem to be only between the 9th and 15th of September, nothing any later. Maybe it's full and won't take any more?

I'd take a 950 Live if it's free, but not if they wanted any money. Bear in mind, I have a few other devices to keep an eye on it!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is 81 pages long after 6 days then you have had some serious errors!

Send it to TT and ask why you have an 81 page long error log file on your device that covers a 6 day period - the answer should be worth a laugh.

Copy it to your PC and then delete it off of your device - it will create a new one on the next error and you might be able to spot the times that traffic stops updating and the corresponding log entries in a smaller file.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
...if the server is uncontactable, it makes no difference whether I'm after Traffic or a Google!

From experience, all of the other Live services still function during the peak periods. As far as I can see it's only the refreshing of the traffic data that is problematic.

You'll still have Google to locate your destination.

Mind you, you won't know how long it's going to take to get you there certainly. Smile
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the complete outage today - it couldn't even retrieve my subscription information - just a message about try again later.

The SIM card showed as connected fine with full signal strength.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes on my 950 when I get the 'Yellow Triangle' in the traffic bar, I do have a 'connected' status to the LIVE server and no HD traffic obviously. But what is strange is that I DO get the other LIVE services fine!

I can check weather, use google etc.

Seems like just HD traffic is having some issues at the mo!

iPhone 12
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT don't have issues, they have challenges Laughing

Same old same old for me this morning, no updates on the way to work, that makes it a week now since I last got any updates during the morning or evening rush hours, and TT still don't accept that there is any problem at their end Evil or Very Mad
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have noticed in the error file is that the word "HERCULES" has started appearing recently where is used to say "LOGON", I wonder if this is related.

Also whilst my traffic is not updating, the blue "pie chart" icon showing how up to date the traffic is stays blue, it no longer turns grey which is what used to happen when the traffic was not updated. Has this been done to deliberately hide the fact that the traffic is not updating?
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might as well "raise a ticket" with the cat.
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has anyone had even the courtesy of a reply today?

48 hours plus since I was supposedly elevated to the second line of support and I have heard precisely nothing.

Very close to going down the Trading Standards route now, as they are relieving me of £8 per month for nothing (oh sorry, I can still look up the weather!)
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
M2 Kent - Closed coastbound between J5, Sittingbourne and J6, Faversham, congestion on eastbound M2 to Medway Services. a lorry and five cars involved

TomTom said, and I kid you not, 2 minute delay. 60 minutes late, I reached my destination.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swash wrote:
So has anyone had even the courtesy of a reply today? 48 hours plus since I was supposedly elevated to the second line of support and I have heard precisely nothing.

Cast your mind back to the last map update débâcle. The problem was diagnosed and fixed HERE days before Tomtom's so-called "second line" had run out of cut-and-paste "try this" replies.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: