Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera POI's and sounds not working on my TomTom 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera POI's and sounds not working on my TomTom 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Camera POI's and sounds not working on my TomTom 530 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am hoping someone can assist me here as I have no idea what has going wrong with my 530.

I have been using the camera database on here for sometime now with no issues. When I purchased my 530 a while back I went for the warning sounds for the zoned database. However something, whether an update via TomTom Home or god knows what else has messed things up.

I had to travel to the outskirts of Leeds the other night to pick a friend up. I noticed when out that I was receiving no warning sounds for the cameras. I could see them on the screen but no notification when approaching them.

So I went into my 530 and went to warn near POI and selected Gatso 20. The yards was 244, but when I clicked on OK to go to the next screen, it just stops at the yards screen. It will not go past it.

So when I got home I deleted all the Pocket GPS files and then installed them again. This time it let me past the yards screen but I am not getting the option screen to choose 'sound effect'. Nor do I get a test screen for the default sounds either.

So I did a soft rest of the 530 and now I can't get past the yard screen again. This is very frustrating and its close to getting slung out of the window Evil or Very Mad

I have no idea what has happened, any help would be very much appreciated please.

The App version on the 530 is 8.351

Thanks in advance,

Gary.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the MapSettings.cfgfile from the UK&ROI folder on the device then delete this file on the device - JUST THE FILE NOT THE FOLDER, you will have to set up all your warnings again but this doesn't take too long - Mike
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Mike, but there still seems to be something a miss here Sad after doing as you suggested.

I go to manage POI's and choose one of the Gatso's. It then comes up airplane.wav, is this the sound you want? If I choose no, then I just get the basic sounds to choose from... flash, horn etc. Then I get the option to warn when its on the route.

I have no option to test the sound or the screen for sound effect or spoken voice.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what has gone wrong Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to have a close look at the files installed to your UK&ROI folder, make sure for each ov2 file there is a coresponding bmp file AND ogg file, the name must exactly match (Use Windows Explorer to view the folder contents) - Mike
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each file, OV2, BMP and ogg are identical in file name Sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use 'method B' described HERE
Honestly, it's much better.....
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Andy, I will give that a whirl later on tonight and post back my results.

I did notice that that I only have OV2 and BMP files for the pocketgps_uk_pmobile_** section of cameras.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have far more than just the pMobiles, I would download a fresh set of camera files and also the coresponding voice pack then add the whole lot back to the new map folder and try setting up the Warn When Near POI options again - Mike
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have all the others Mike, I was referring to an earlier post where I should have 3 of each file name. The one I mention above does not have matching sound files, the rest do.

Was not sure if that would be causing a problem.
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving the sounds to the 'sound' folder and shortening the file name has worked a treat... many thanks for all the help in resolving this Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: