Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Member submission
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Member submission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Member submission Reply with quote

As some of the team will know, I have been submitting cameras to the database for a few years now, and am therefore a verified submitter, and proud of it. I submitted 4 new Truvelo cameras in one location last weekend and I have just looked at the map and only one has appeared. (They are near where my daughter lives.)

In order for to keep the database at the forefront, obviously these locations need adding asap.

Can a mod tell me when the other 3 will be added?

Ken.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are still awaiting further submissions or a verifiers visit. Chances are they will be in by next weeks database.

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the basics - cameras are added only after they have been verified. Verification is either (mostly) by one of the Verification Team, or, if enough independent submissions all place the same camera details on the same spot.

You haven't given any location details (nor the ID of the one you say has been added), so only Admin Team members can look at your submissions. If you tell us the Long/Lat where they are, we (Verifiers and Moderators) can see more on the map than you can and we can look at what's there.

In case you haven't already read it, the link in my signature tells a bit about the verification process.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that has been added, is thus:

TRUVELO:75559@30, Heading:337, Single Direction -

What I find bizarre Dennis, is that all 4 cameras were erected together, yet only 1 has been verified and added to the database.

Ken.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one that has been added to the database was verified by multiple submissions.

what I find bizarre is that the person who submitted the 'final' submission for the camera only submitted that one and not the others if there are 4 there!

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt knows better than I, but I'd bet a stick of Rothwell rhubarb that yours was verified by the second method I mention above - other people submitting the same details. (The other three were probably not so accurately double reported, maybe?) He also adds he expects they'll probably be included in next week's database download - confession - I still haven't downloaded yesterday's new listings of cameras to be verified and your submission was more recent than the listing last week, pretty good going, a matter of two or three days and none of the Verifiers even had the chance to go verify it before it got into the database!

It's thanks to you and all the others that we get this sort of performance.

EDIT That's the third b*********** time in less than a quarter of an hour that MaFt has beaten me to answer a question. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! 'Course, he does it by not using the shift key. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the How the Verifiers work Dennis, very very interesting, but 60k miles?????

I do more than that in reverse as a Class 1 driver!!!!! (About 100k business miles pa.)

Ken.

Last edited by Quinny1 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now looks like 3 have been verified.

Ken.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinny1 wrote:
I like the How the Verifiers work Dennis, very very interesting, but 60k miles?????

I do more than that in reverse as a Class 1 driver!!!!! (About 100k business miles pa.)

Ken.
You're no doubt earning a living at it! 100K = 2k/week = 400/day. At average 50mph that's 8 hours before breaks and I doubt you could get average 50mph! No doubt you do more than a five day week. I'm 70 and topping up my OAP pension. I'm self employed and get sub-contract work only after the firms have used up their existing drivers and vehicles, so I get the dregs and poorly paid too! (e.g. Avonmouth to Grays, £83, my van, my tyres, my fuel, my insurance, etc, etc, etc). Imagine what the present recession is doing to me!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: