Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x50 Range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x50 Range
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a change of heart about the x50 ...I think I'm going to wait for a while and see what everyone else says about it before I go and buy 1 before they are out like I did with the x20 ...Just hope they are better than all previous otherwise I'll wait for the x60
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I said about the x30 and x40, so I'll be doing the same with the x50. Roll on the x60, or maybe they could release a bunch of fixes for the x20s? Easter?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easter ..you should be so lucky .. I am honestly hoping this range will be OK as the x20 is getting a bit on the old side now
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Easter is a pipe dream. My 920 died this week (mini USB socket crumpled in on itself with one of the pins - no connection, no charging). So I quickly bought a Refurb 520 from TotalPDA - ordered at 9pm Tuesday, delivered at 9am Thursday! I guess the only thing it doesn't have is Live services and I've got those on my XL Live, so who cares - it'll be almost as good as a 950 by the time I've updated it with LMG.

dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis......did I not read in some post on this forum a while back that TomTom Europe has started to reject the LMG for refurbs just as they have been doing for a couple of years in North America (although there are a few cases noted where refurb owners did get the LMG, but not many).
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David. There have been mixed reports about LMG for refurbs, I think. But on the TotalPDA website, the reviews often say they got LMG and some of those are very recent. Bearing in mind I have the 835 map on my XL Live, I'm not desperate to update yet, so I'll be waiting three weeks to see if the next new map comes out before the expiry of my LMG period (in the meantime, the 520 is going nowhere near "good ole Home"). I had the impression that most refusals were Home getting in a twist until the device is updated to the latest Navcore, which seems to take several runs.

I can't lose really. It's loaded with App 7.221 and map 715. The app is free upgrade and if I don't get LMG I've lost nothing and a new map will only be about £40 (dunno what that is in Canadian things, probably 40 of them with the tendency to convert directly rathjer than exchange rate). I can't remember when map 835 came out - end of August perhaps? So I'm teetering on the edge of new maps towards the end of November - my purchase date is 3rd or 4th depending on how TT interpret it - internet order 3rd November, shipped 4th, delivered 5th (but no proof of delivery date). I reckon I should be OK provided the next map comes out in November - it needs to for all the Christmas stocking fillers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: