Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New French Speed Cameras Predicted For UK Roads
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New French Speed Cameras Predicted For UK Roads
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with maxbyte and Fellwalker on this and I too have legally driven at 90mph back in the days when.

What's this "teach/educate"? When people are taught to drive these days, is it no longer part of the process, or the test, to be taught that speed limits are to be observed? Is there nothing in the curriculum about those funny round signs with numbers in them?

In my opinion, exceeding the 30mph limit is probably the most frequent and most dangerous thing to be happening in driving these days.

Andy_P wrote:
You can drive anywhere you like on the road if it is safe and sensible to do so
Apart from overtaking and passing a left side puddle/hazard, I struggle to find an example of when it might be so.

It seems pretty easy to find exceptions to most "laws", but things like speed limits have to be blanket - a blanket 30mph limit in built up areas (and a national 70mph limit) cannot be misunderstood - we ALL know it applies

I happen to personally believe pgpsw shouldn't publish 70mph camera sites (I'll get me coat!!) because there should be no need to remind people to keep their speed below 70mph - before I became a Verifier and Moderator here, I never installed the 70mph cameras on my satnav. I do now as part of my pgpsw functions.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Yquem59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Coming in late as usual Reply with quote

I have only just found this thread.

A French friend has sent me a pps file of these new beautiful (but deadly) cameras.

If it isn't here somewhere already, is there anywhere I can upload it? It's in French, but just looking at the pictures will give you the idea. I particularly like the camera built into a car's rear side door.

Philip
lickettysplit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: driver education is not a lucrative cash cow Reply with quote

driver education is not a lucrative cash cow which is the whole object of speed cameras since speed cameras have been introduced accidents have increased they are not there to reduce accidents but to make a nice revenue

they claim that it is revenue nuetral and costs as much to administrate as it makes but administration cost can be anything from new cars to new carpets in the chief constables office

they rely on gullible safety concious motorists to justify themselves, in the same way that councils use green issues to justify flogging our recyclables to china for a nice fat hidden profit in the process turning us all into unpaid rubbish sorters WAKE up britain you are bing ripped off at every turn literally.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: driver education is not a lucrative cash cow Reply with quote

lickettysplit wrote:
driver education is not a lucrative cash cow which is the whole object of speed cameras since speed cameras have been introduced accidents have increased they are not there to reduce accidents but to make a nice revenue

they claim that it is revenue nuetral and costs as much to administrate as it makes but administration cost can be anything from new cars to new carpets in the chief constables office

they rely on gullible safety concious motorists to justify themselves, in the same way that councils use green issues to justify flogging our recyclables to china for a nice fat hidden profit in the process turning us all into unpaid rubbish sorters WAKE up britain you are bing ripped off at every turn literally.
Conspiracy theory! Grow up.
Is it not possible that the increase in accidents (if there is indeed such an increase) is more cars, more drivers, less awareness of road safety, feeling safer in cars that can accelerate faster than in "the old days", more distractions in terms of electronics in the car? I certainly know that there are more cars about and far more congested roads every year.
Rubbish sorting is a red herring. You won't get ripped off by a speed camera unless you are speeding, and speeding is against the law.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.

Last edited by Fellwalker on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
nut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New French Speed Cameras Predicted For UK Roads Reply with quote

That's bad news! Also, will we be able to switch off speed camera warnings for France to avoid them being confiscated? This money-making racket is getting worse not better.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, what increase in accidents are you guys talking about? Stop!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: