Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Submission Query.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Submission Query.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Submission Query. Reply with quote

Hi,
first thanks for looking in, ok here go's, many moons ago (can't remember how long exactly) i submitted a camera location (mobile), but lifetime membership wasn't given until the camera was verified, i have been so patient waiting for an opportunity for this submission to arise again.
Well today it did, can someone confirm how long pocket gps worlds archives go back please to check original posts out, (found orig post)

My original submission was the first and was given while i was subscribed, I also remember the post got a little heated due to the fact that i had submitted, but the submission had not been verified therefore free lifetime membership / speed cameras was not given.
However i was told that worst case scenario, the next time the speed camera was there, with the police, that it would be given if i provided photo shots of the mobile location, with the police in action and the pub which i stipulated in the post in the background.

Quote:
And if you see it there again, take a photo from across the road with the Painted Lady in the background - couldn't be much argument over that, I'd imagine! (and if he asks what you're doing, you're taking a picture of the pub to send to your old mate in the Gulf).
Dennis

where am i to send the pictures please so this can be put to bed once and for all?

Kind Regards
Slimsta.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have photos, please send them to cameras AT pocketgpsworld.com

If you do, please add a note as to what they refer to as we regularly get images sent to us of cameras with no attribution or explanation!
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply Darren, much appreciated, will give link to the original post now i have found it on here in my e-mail along with attached snaps taken today.
Sorry for creating another post, couldn't believe i found the original post, its been so long ! Laughing Out Loud

Best Regards
Slimsta
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimsta wrote:
. . . couldn't believe i found the original post, its been so long !

The easiest way to find one of your earlier posts is via the Forum Index page. One of the items just above the forum listing heading "Last Post" is "View your posts", and if you click on this it will show you every post you've ever made!
Samsung Galaxy S21
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Submission Query. Reply with quote

slimsta wrote:
However i was told that worst case scenario, the next time the speed camera was there, with the police, that it would be given if i provided photo shots of the mobile location, with the police in action and the pub which i stipulated in the post in the background.

Quote:
And if you see it there again, take a photo from across the road with the Painted Lady in the background - couldn't be much argument over that, I'd imagine! (and if he asks what you're doing, you're taking a picture of the pub to send to your old mate in the Gulf).
Dennis

where am i to send the pictures please so this can be put to bed once and for all?

Careful. No-one said that you sending in a photograph would qualify it for a lifetime membership. The photograph will help in verification, but the rules say, and it was clearly stated in that thread, that as well as being verified the camera must be reported in action by someone else.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe more than one person is needed, reading the terms of the free membership :-

New reports of Mobile sites will also now qualify BUT because such sites are very difficult to verify, it should be noted that validation may take significantly longer than for other types of site. Note that the Free Subscription will only be added after both verification (once it goes 'active' in the database) AND further reportS have been received.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The criteria is for a further independent report.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera Mobile:37773@30 was purged (removed) from the database in March 2009 - 7 months ago - because it had not been reported as "Seen Again" by anybody - see this from both the download page and the submission page (both in highly visible red panels)...
Quote:
ATTENTION: Mobile Sightings
We now PURGE Mobile sites that are not reported as 'Seen Again' after 12 months

And as Darren says "a further independent report" - which means someone other than the original submitter. In the absence of any reports since it was submitted on 30th July 2007, PGPSW must be forgiven for thinking this camera was only ever seen by one member, well over two years ago and by no others since then, so it's not an "active" site. It doesn't seem like a very good idea to include sites which are only attended once in two years.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Ban me Reply with quote

Ban me as i think not only the rules but the constant excuses are complete , Dennis you are a , i have done all i can to warrant membership / free liftime cameras.
Shove the lot up your "A" hole, i have found that the amount of time i have spent does not warrent talking / posting to like you, i'll go for Tom Tom's discount at 14.99, yes its not as often as this place but you are doing the impossible for anyone to accomplish free membership / lifetime cameras, lets see how long this post is up before being edited, don't bother with even trying to contact me, to put your point accross, there's been far too much of that over 2 / 3 years.
What a complete waste of time ! shame as some of you are ok, Dennis do you Darren off ?
bmuskett your a knob ! who's you hanging out of !
Quote:
Careful. No-one said that you sending in a photograph would qualify it for a lifetime membership. The photograph will help in verification, but the rules say, and it was clearly stated in that thread, that as well as being verified the camera must be reported in action by someone else.

Get stretched, me finished out !
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of the previous, wholly unjustified reply I have suspended his account and banned him.

I think the previous replies show we have been quite clear as is our policy.

Regardless of his displeasure, everyone is subject to the same criteria and the number of lifers awarded each week is proof that it works and is achievable.

I've no time for people like this who clearly reported only in the hope of securing free access and doubtless would never bother again had this submission qualified.

As it is, it may still qualify but as he's now banned he will not benefit. I think his threat to use TomTom's data is a suitable punishment for someone so foul mouthed!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: