Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - More Sound Problems???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

More Sound Problems???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valid8r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: More Sound Problems??? Reply with quote

I've just recently upgraded to version 4.5 and have both the US and European Map sets. I have managed to get all of my maps to work and tested them successfully both in the US and in Europe and am pleased.

However, I can't for the life of me get the sound/voice to work. I first tried all of the normal things re-installs, downloading maps/regions with first the male tts and then the female tts voice, checked all of the sound settings both on the PPC, and the amplify setting in the app itself. No go.

I finally emailed ALK and they responded with a link to the new patch (which I installed and now gives me a PPC version number of 4.5.2.25) - yet still no voice. I do get the "Welcome to Copilot Live" on boot-up for what that's worth.

I was about to try downloading the wav voice to see what would happen, but read some threads already and that doesn't seem like it's a great idea.

Any suggestions?

also, I'm using an HP 3950 with the Copilog sleeve.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club. We still haven't figured out how to properly change voice output methods (apart from a hard reset ad complete reinstall), and despite multiple requests ALK have so far failed to provide us with a working procedure.

It would already help if they would tell us where the settings are stored, alas - no success so far.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Valid8r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks - some success Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. At least I am glad that I'm not the first one to have this problem, nor that I am just being stupid. After I posted the question, I did manage to at least get the WAV file working by taking the cab file from my 4.5 desktop installation and running that manually on the PPC, then downloading a set of maps with the .wav voice associated with them. So that at least helped somewhat.

Thanks again for the help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: