Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map update for Streetpilot i3 - help!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map update for Streetpilot i3 - help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
white_knight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Map update for Streetpilot i3 - help!!! Reply with quote

I have a Garmin Streetpilot i3, which does NOT have a separate SD card. The maps are all loaded onto the internal memory. I managed to update the maps with City Navigator Europe NT 9 in 2007 but I cannot load the new maps from City Navigator Europe NT 2010. I am using the latest version of Mapsource and have purchased an unlock code. I get the error message: Required memory for storing maps is missing from your computer. I want to update the data on the internal memory, which worked in 2007. Does anybody know how this can be done? Thanks for your help.

White Knight
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the file sizes compare between the two versions. On maps which I use (not Garmin ones, but still Navteq), the latest is quite a lot bigger. So the 2010 MAY be too big for the available space on your i3. if that's what it is, can you do a selective download of just those countries you really need?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Map update for Streetpilot i3 - help!!! Reply with quote

white_knight wrote:
I have a Garmin Streetpilot i3, which does NOT have a separate SD card. White Knight

There is no reason not to use a memory card with it. Although your i3 has the original maps in its own internal memory you can still use a memory card with it. Can be purchased quite cheap from ebay.
speedofsound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised you didn't get a memory card with it.
Mine has a tiny 256MB micro SD installed and works fine (so far).
These must cost 'pence' by now as you can get 8GB cards for less than a tenner these days.

Incidentally, I have an i3 too, and have recently updated the Camera database from here (thank you very much everyone involved with this)!
However, I cannot download anymore maps from Garmin despite my satnav telling me every time I switch it on, that my map details are over a year old (''No s*** Sherlock; They're well over 4 years old'')!

Does anyone know at all where I can get new maps for free (or even old maps that are newer than 4 years old!!) as I only just managed to get enough cash to join this site, as I'm not in full-time work anymore to due the Credit crunch?!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedofsound wrote:
I'm surprised you didn't get a memory card with it.

Incidentally, I have an i3 too, and have recently updated the Camera database from here (thank you very much everyone involved with this)!

Does anyone know at all where I can get new maps for free

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Not all i3's have memory cards. But can use 2GB cards that will hold most of WE on it.

Yes, the PGPSW safety cameras are the best.

No free maps, but you can purchase new maps from Garmin.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: