Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq/H2210 Forum?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq/H2210 Forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Why do HP send a replacement battery door. Can this sometimes be faulty also? I have ordered replacement aluminium sides from Expansys, but they have been on back order for about two weeks to date.

Thanks
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacement battery door HP have sent me is identical to the one already fitted to my 2210. I think the replacement door is different in as much as it has a small rubber pad on it which presses against the battery thereby making for a better connection I guess. I can only assume that earlier 2210's had a battery door without this pad, I don't know for certain because I've only had my current 2210 since Feb.

Tom
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm After four months of careful use, my grips have started to peel away. They appear to have swelled and now bulge out at the bottom and refuse to stay in place.
Hopefully I will get the replacements soon too :| .
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you have called that same number I did then you won't have to wait more than a few days - even though they will come from Holland via UPS!
My replacement ones are still looking ok, but the constant use of my 2210 in the TomTom car kit holder is putting a lot of pressure (very tight fit!) on the 2210's side grips. However I will just ask for a replacement set when they start to bulge again! At the end of the warranty period I will probably buy the aluminium ones as mentioned in a previous post.
Hope you get yours soon.

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
dunno
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks darren i have just given them a bell now should be in the post , not interested in the other stuff just want my grips :D

ps love this site got 2 problems solved today postcodes and now this
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: New HP Support Number for this problem Reply with quote

Just an update on the UK HP support telephone number to ring to get new 2210 side grips. Mine fell apart today with 9 days to go until the warranty expired!!

New number: 0845-270-4015 then use menu options 1 then 3 then 4 and if you're lucky you'll get through to Linda who has the most attractive Irish lilt to her voice - quite made my day!
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just received my side grips from HP ,first class service,plus a spare battery cover and cf slot cover, Thumbs Up
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
ukpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also request them online from the HP active chat service
http://instantsupport.europe.hp.com/euserv/jsp/hpinstantsupport.jsp

Was very impressed to get the battery cover, CF cover and side grips UPS expressed. The packaging/shipping alone must of cost HP more than the side grips cost to manufacture. Top marks to HP though Thumbs Up
Ains
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Side grips / 2210 tight fit Reply with quote

Has anyone find a way of easing the tight fit of the 2210 into the TT holder ?

TT offered to send a replacement holder, but only if I send back the original first (i.e. no TT for a week or so) Fair enough, I suppose, but a pain.

Do the HP replacement grips ease the fit ? I can't get the IPAG out of the holder without using two hands and occassionally pull the holder off the screen as the fit is so tight

Ainsley
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ains,
You are not alone with this problem. The side grips on my 2210 had to be replaced after only a few months - due mainly I believe to the very tight squeeze to get the 2210 into the TT holder. With replacement grips fitted I think it won't be long before these too are knackered by the difficulty in getting the 2210 out of the holder! From my personal experience the replacement side grips are identical to the original ones. Think the only solution to this problem (I too have to use both hands to remove it from the holder) is to keep getting the grips replaced by HP under the warranty and then buy a set of aluminium grips that will never deteriorate. I don't know if these aluminium ones are easier to get out of the holder - am sure someone who has these fitted can answer that though.

cheers

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2210 grips have gone :x or should I say the left grip has,and its only a month old Its nothing to do with it being tight in the TT car cradle (although it is tight) but the fact that the oils in the skin may have softened it (my theory cos the Sky remote has done the same thing but thats taken 4 years ) I have the ipaq in a Krusell Handit case and right at the top left corner where I crook my thumb around it when I hold it in my hand the rubber has expanded and bulged out. Going back to the TT car cradle, I can see where it is too tight on the PPc by the 15mm long witness mark it leaves on the side grips (These start 10mm from the bottom)Has any one else noticed these Question

Dave
marshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi to everyone

I have had a replacement set of side rubbers, but now these are bulging starting about 10 mm from the bottom.
I seems the TT car kit is to tight a fit and I would have thought the replacement rubbers would have taken this into account.
Its not good enough to issue a new set of side bits and hope they last longer than the guarantee.
I think its very poor that they replace until the guarantee runs out and then we are on our own.
What sort of customer care and product design is this?.
Still I suppose you pays your money and -----!!!!!!

Keep the forums going, they are a real gold mine of knowledge.

Regards
Marshall
mgibbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but you can't blame HP for providing replacement rubber grips that are too big for the TomTom car cradle.

Its TomTom who should have made the car cradle slightly wider. After all, its supposed to fit the iPaq not the other way round.

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: