Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatNav-Shop - a warning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatNav-Shop - a warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtwibell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: SatNav-Shop - a warning Reply with quote

After reading numerous recommendations in the forums about SatNav-Shop as a TomTom repairer, I decided to trust them to fix my non-working TomTom Go910. I ideally needed the TomTom fixed for a driving holiday starting 26th September.

Following a friendly - if somewhat terse on their part - exchange of emails the unit was sent on 28th August with a £50 payment by PayPal the same day. The payment was collected from PayPal almost immediately. I have a signed proof delivery of the unit itself from Royal Mail for 3rd September.

On hearing nothing for almost two weeks I emailed on 14th September asking if they'd managed to look at the unit yet. No reply.....

By now feeling slightly concerned I telephoned on 22nd September to be greeted by voicemail that doesn't invite me to leave a message, but asks that I try again later. I do, several times, but it's voicemail again and again.....

So I email once more, leaving my phone number this time. Again no reply......

It's 23rd September. Still no email response. So I complete the response frame on the SatNav-Shop Web site. The response this time? No reply......

At this point - down one TomTom and £50 - I'll leave readers to form their own opinion.

GeoffT.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in a dispute with Paypal and then escalate it to a claim, you will probably get your £50 back, I did that when similar happened to me with fone2you.com

Does not get you your TT back but there is always the possibility it is a one man band who is on holiday or hospital etc.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt Eldar associated with SatNav-Shop? Although the www on his sig has changed.
Quote:
["Andy_P"]
I think SatNav Shop (run by "Eldar" on here) .....
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
... there is always the possibility it is a one man band who is on holiday or hospital etc.
http://www.satnav-shop.com is well recommended on the forums, but I seem to remember that there have been previous issues with him/them forgetting to set their "Out of Office" response when the are unavailable. I hope we'll find that the OP will end up getting his device back in good working order (if possible).

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gtwibell
The main snag with ordering or paying online is that you cannot see the person you are dealing with. When things go well its great but when one lands up in the position you are in its very frustrating and disheartening.
I hope it all turns out ok and please keep us posted on the outcome.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
gtwibell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to conclude this thread: Arrived back from my SatNav-less holiday on Saturday 3rd October to a card from Royal Mail advising of a parcel to collect. Sure enough it was the errant TomTom back from Satnav-Shop. Seems it was my charger/USB dock that was to blame and the unit itself was fine all along. A somewhat terse - albeit apologetic - email to this effect came to me on 28th September while I was away and unable to receive it.

A reasonably happy ending. But I'm left thinking that a simple reply to one of my earlier unanswered emails was all that was needed to avoid worries on my part in the first place. So the overall conclusion? Satnav-Shop are good guys after all, if a bit lacking in the customer service department.

GeoffT.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry this has happened. We've always had great reports of the service in the past.

Eldar who used to run it passed the business on some time back and it all ran very well for a period.

I'm given to understand that a family 'issue' may have been behind the problem here but my info iss third hand and regardless, it does not excuse an update, however brief, to ally your fears and concerns.

In light of this we will no longer be recommending them, a shame but we will only recommend a service that is above reproach.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: