Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Connect - Qashqai USB transfer problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Connect - Qashqai USB transfer problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herbie50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect - Qashqai USB transfer problem Reply with quote

New member - help!! I've just got a new qashqai with Nissan Connect on it and I am trying to transfer the custom POI Seed camera warnings as per the installation guide but it keeps failing. I have downloaded ok transferred the files to USb and set up the folders and files. I did have an issue with the folder names - it did not recognise 'my POIs' directory so changed to 'myPOIs' as stated in the nissan manual.

Car recognises the USB - Problem is when copying files to the car the process appears to start with a file transfer progress bar coming up on screen and the it stops after a few seconds and the sat nav system appears to swith off and reset without completing the transfer. It looks like some of the POIs have transferred, but not all of them due to the crash and reset of the sat nav

Anyone any ideas - as its driving me mad!! and yes i've now tried several USB sticks all doing the same thing
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

A quick search for the word Nissan brings up this thread which appears to have some info. See if that helps.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why there are so many new topics about the Nissan Connect suddenly? Are they having a sales push?

(I also wonder why none of them seem visible to the next person posting) but that's another issue entirely! Laughing )
clangabell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having exactly the same problem with my qashqai, the screen blacks out after a few seconds, when I check if anything has downloded a few have but not all thats on the memory stick. I then have to re enter the security code for the system to turn it back on. Has anybody tried to load the two bitmap files that are on the down load, maybe thats the problem.
Getting frustrated.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've amended the guide, try deleting all except the pocketgps_uk_sc.xxx files and retry.

Others have succeeded but no-one has yet come back and confirmed what combination it was that worked and I don't have a Qashqai to experiment on!

Given even Nissan don't seem to have much of a clue we're working in the dark here.

If that doesn't work, try it with just the .csv file alone.
herbie50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help - I have got it working now. I tried using a csv poi file from another site and it worked to prove that the system works in terms of updating the system. I was struggling with the initial file which I used which was the 'all cameras' file. However I have just tried it with the 'speed zones' file and this worked fine for all the different csv's - so this suggests that there is something not quite right with the original file?

system now shows the warning, but for some reason it does not display the icon on the map - any ideas here?

Also don't leave a space in the 'myPOI' folder it definately did not recognise the usb until I made it all one word as stated in the car manual.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herbie50 wrote:
Thanks for the help - I have got it working now. I tried using a csv poi file from another site and it worked to prove that the system works in terms of updating the system. I was struggling with the initial file which I used which was the 'all cameras' file. However I have just tried it with the 'speed zones' file and this worked fine for all the different csv's - so this suggests that there is something not quite right with the original file?

Nowt wrong with the file, others used that Ok, did you remove the help text and other files?
Quote:
Also don't leave a space in the 'myPOI' folder it definately did not recognise the usb until I made it all one word as stated in the car manual.

I've already corrected that in the guide.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
herbie50 wrote:

Nowt wrong with the file, others used that Ok, did you remove the help text and other files?

Could it relate to the number of individual items in the CSV? The single file would obviously have more than each of the speedzoned files. Herbie50, could you test this by cutting down the number of entries in the single file until it uploads correctly?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
Could it relate to the number of individual items in the CSV? The single file would obviously have more than each of the speedzoned files. Herbie50, could you test this by cutting down the number of entries in the single file until it uploads correctly?

Impossible to say but if that is the case, you could try installing just the pMobile file as this is tiny by comparison.

Given others installed Ok a few weeks back I can't see the file has grown significantly since then?
herbie50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Happy now everything is working except the icons on the map? Not sure if the extra files made a difference but yes I did remove the other files so only the csv and bmps were on the usb.

Might try and add the files as normal POIs and Warnings for the bitmaps to see if the can be loaded as both POIs and warnings.

In terms of the number of csv entries - I dont think this is an issue as the other file I used was a european camera file with 21000 lines on the csv and this uploaded fine.
clangabell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect Success. Reply with quote

I have successfully installed the two csv files onto my new quasqai+2 last night.
It was after a few frustrating nights sitting with my laptop in the car. Tried it out today and its working ok, I however dont thing it reads the two bitmap camera files. Here are my findings and what I did if its of any help to anybody.

load the two data files pocketgps_uk_sc and pocketgps_uk_pmobiles onto a memory stick.

The two files should be in a directory called

myPOIWarnings (note no spaces and its case sensitive.)

This directory should be then placed into a directory called

myPOIs (again no spaces, see note below.)

After much messing about I found out that the Nissan Connect software doesnt like the copyright wording on the last cell of the pocketgps_uk_sc file. (it may have been too long or something)
You therefore need to open that excell spreadsheet, wind it down until you can see the last cell, click on the cell and delete the copyright note. If you dont do this the data starts loading then the screen goes black and dumps you out.

I dont think the Nissan Software recognises the two bmp camera files, there seems to be no harm in loading then if you want to.

When in use the systen beeps and flashes up a screen which gives the type of camera and its number. The warning beep is not very loud and there doesn't seen to be a volume control for it. However it is audible and catches your attention.

ps I have noted that some replies are stating that to must have a space in the myPOIs directory name ie my POIs, if you put this space in I found out that the system would not recognise the data and just sat there doing nothing.

Messae to PocketGPSworld - sorry about deleting the copyright note but it was the only way I could get it to work.

Good luck to all

Clangabell

Last edited by clangabell on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation, much appreciated. And deleting the Copyright info is not an issue, that is there for easy ID but we have much more sophisticated anti-piracy watermarking in the files.
blakey1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Nissan Connect problem Reply with quote

I can confirm that deleting the copyright text at the bottom of the excel file does then allow the system to download the POI's and it works great.

Thanks for everybodies assistance.
andygeno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Nissan Connect - copyright text at the bottom of the excel Reply with quote

After managing to find this fix on your forums - ithink it would be a good idea to aad it to your user guide
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if we can offer a Nissan Connect specific download with the copyright text removed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: