Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unable to complete install on BB8900
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to complete install on BB8900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Unable to complete install on BB8900 Reply with quote

Having decided to give Telmap a go I've downloaded the version for my Blackberry 8900. As it's on a BES I've got that version installed.
When I run the application it asks for the default language to be selected and when I choose the English(UK) it tries to download the language files.

It fails with message "Sorry, unable to complete installation... Please try again or contact customer support". Sounds like a communication problem.

I've restarted my BB and it prompted to change permissions for Telmap which I accepted. Still the same.

Next steps are to try the BIS version but has anyone seen this before?

EDIT: Just tried with the BIS version and it's exactly the same. I've sent feedback Telmap - we shall see.
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having looked at it a bit more : -

The TUG version (both BIS and BES) I've tried is 4.57.10. I just tried with the 14 day trial version (4.53.97) and it installed straight away, no issues.
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've continued to try installing the TUG version and it continues to fail when installing the language in a variety of physical locations (different signal strengths). I've sent feedback but no response so far.

I've tried 'upgrading' the standard version but it installs along side.
I would love to know what's different on the TUG version to the available 14 day trial version which installs every time. Question
I've run out of ideas now.... Crying or Very sad
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: TUG Version. Reply with quote

Hey,

My name is Roi, and I am the User Group Administrator at Telmap.

The TUG version is a beta version made for the Telmap User Group members.

The TUG version is released to all members of the user group free of charge and in return you will,once in a while, provide us with feedbacks.

If you are having issues with installing the application please contact me at tugadmin@telmap.com and specify the exact error message you are getting when the installation fails.

Best Regards

Roi
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Alternative versions Reply with quote

Hello,

Please try downloading one of the following versions and tell me if it goes well:

http://downloads.telmap.com/tug/install/TUG_Versions/BB/BB_480x360/BIS/TelmapNavigator_full.jad

http://downloads.telmap.com/tug/install/TUG_Versions/BB/BB_480x360/BES/TelmapNavigator_full.jad

Again for more information and support please contact me at tugadmin@telmap.com

Best

Roi
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TUG Version. Reply with quote

TUGAdmin wrote:

If you are having issues with installing the application please contact me at tugadmin@telmap.com and specify the exact error message you are getting when the installation fails.

Hi Roy, thanks for replying. I'm fully on-board with the principles around the TUG version - that's why I'm here. I submitted feedback through the TUG web form with screenshots of the error but will send details to your email as well. I'll also try the versions you've posted links to and let you know....

As an FYI I've now tried Wayfinder, amAze and Nav4All and look forward to comparing them with Telmap.
rockandrollacdc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will be presently surprised how much much better and easier this product is to use than Nav4all.
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockandrollacdc wrote:
I think you will be presently surprised how much much better and easier this product is to use than Nav4all.

Very Happy I hope so. The Nav4all menu structure looked like it would take quite some getting used to!
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative versions Reply with quote

TUGAdmin wrote:
Hello,

Please try downloading one of the following versions and tell me if it goes well:

Roi, the second link you posted (the one for BES) worked for me first time. I'm up and running, thanks for the help. Do you still want me to mail to you? I don't really have much beyond what is in the first post in terms of error message.
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: BES version Reply with quote

No,

No need, if the BES version did the work you can continue using it.

Roi

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: