Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A3 to Wisley Gardens
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A3 to Wisley Gardens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: A3 to Wisley Gardens Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why the route from the A3 turn off to Wisley Gardens is over 8 miles out of the way instead of a few hundred yards? I have looked at restricted turns and one way options but can't find the answer.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that there is a Turn restriction in place where the Wisley Lane filter is.

If you plan a route from the Filter Lane it works OK. If you move back, by 10m, onto the A3 the routing is as you say.

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can change on the Map itself to correct this. TT Map corrections allow for a turn restriction to be put in place, but hasn't the menu options to remove one. Rolling Eyes

All you can do is report it to TT as Other Error, and hope it is corrected in the future.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to plan a route from the A3 via the exit lane onto the very start of Wisley Lane, near the triangle, but a few yards further and it goes off on a detour. It's also possible to start at the exit lane to Wisley Gardens.

I have just tried a "work around" by using the itinerary planner and adding the A3, the exit road and then Wisley Gardens and it takes you the correct route.
bkilham
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what?
I found the very simple solution of selecting to "travel via" the A3 exit road onto Wisley Lane.

Regarding the turn restrictions, I found a while ago that it can be changed, as coming out of Blenheim Palace there was a "no right turn" restriction on the Tom Tom map which could be changed under the "Correct Location" menu.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: