Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - map updates tomtom 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

map updates tomtom 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MECOY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: map updates tomtom 910 Reply with quote

hi folks is there anywhere i can get latest verion of western european maps and speed cameras without paying fortunes to tomtom?
My device is a TOMTOM GO 910
THANKS
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place to get maps for your device is via TomTom Home and paying the upgrade price, keep an eye on the forum as TomTom often have a map sale offering the maps at discounted prices - Mike
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that you live in Glasgow and wonder how often you travel to Europe by road, unless you fly drive of course? This may mean the latest version of UK & Republic of Ireland maps would be OK for you, it costs quite a bit less.

You can still keep your existing maps so you would have the same coverage of Europe as you do now and the latest ones for normal use.

I was a bit surprised that Mike did not mention Pocket GPS warnings for the safety cameras but then he is always modest. I don't think you save any money but they are vastly superior to the TT ones I say this as someone who did originally have TT ones and then changed to Pocket GPS so I have used both.

Just checked on the TT website UK & Republic of Ireland £39.95 Western Europe £69.95 so £30.00 less you could then use £19.95 to purchase Pocket GPS cameras and still have £10.05 left that might just purchase a bottle of the amber liquid in ASDA or somewhere similar.
MECOY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

EricWB wrote:
I notice that you live in Glasgow and wonder how often you travel to Europe by road, unless you fly drive of course? This may mean the latest version of UK & Republic of Ireland maps would be OK for
thanks i travel 3 times per year in car once by bike and fly 3 or 4 times ryanair hiring a car so use tomtom a lot
ill opt for an update just before i go next time so its fairly up to date

traffic cams interest me here and europe if gps
world sell them id be keen
mc

you, it costs quite a bit less.

You can still keep your existing maps so you would have the same coverage of Europe as you do now and the latest ones for normal use.

I was a bit surprised that Mike did not mention Pocket GPS warnings for the safety cameras but then he is always modest. I don't think you save any money but they are vastly superior to the TT ones I say this as someone who did originally have TT ones and then changed to Pocket GPS so I have used both.

Just checked on the TT website UK & Republic of Ireland £39.95 Western Europe £69.95 so £30.00 less you could then use £19.95 to purchase Pocket GPS cameras and still have £10.05 left that might just purchase a bottle of the amber liquid in ASDA or somewhere similar.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: