Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hardware Button Setup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardware Button Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russ05uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Hardware Button Setup Reply with quote

Hi,
Firstly congratulations on such a fascinating, informative site. I discovered the site by accident and am now well and truly hooked.

I have an HP Jornada 540 which by todays standards is somewhat of an old lady but took the plunge and purchased a 256mb PQI CF card, Haicom HI-203e and TTN3.

The install went smoothly and the product works really well with the GPS positioning spot on and as yet no screen lockups. After reading some of the threads on this forum I consider myself lucky.

I do not need to use this product for business use so the address lookup shortfalls are not really a problem however I do have a couple of questions....

1. I would like to assign the 4 Jornada hardware buttons to perform various tasks ie. show different views, GPS status etc. when on the road as it is easier than using the onscreen menus. I am able to assign the first button to show the map view but there does not seem an option to then use another button to show the navigator view. Can anyone tell me how to get to this view via a hardware button.

2. I have not installed the drivers that came with my wired GPS mouse as it seems to work ok without them. Is there any advantage to installing them?

Any advise would be appreciated. Onca again congratulations on such a good site, keep up the good work. Thumbs Up
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'drivers' with your wired GPS mouse are almost certainly just a diagnostic program, possibly with some configuration features. It's very rare for such drivers to be needed for a wired GPS.

So far as your hardware buttons go, you can only configure buttons to carry out tasks in the drop down list. If a function is on or off, the button will act as a toggle - for example, if you program a button to "Turn Guidance OFF", it will toggle guidance. In this case, it doesn't appear to be possible to have a button select the Navigator screen.

I don't find it necessary to program a button to change screens - I set the system into the Navigator screen before I move off, and it stays in the Navigator screen. However, everyone's needs are different.

David
russ05uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
Thanks for your speedy reply.

The GPS seems to be working ok so I'll leave well alone.

As this is a new toy to me I find myself swithching between map and navigator views at regular intervals (safe driving conditions allowing). Perhaps when the novelty wears off I will stop playing and stick with the one view.

Thanks once again for the info.

A new hobby is born. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: