Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3 seems to cause hard reset!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3 seems to cause hard reset!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: TTN3 seems to cause hard reset! Reply with quote

Exclamation I have had a 2210 TTN2 & Emtac bluetooth GPS since October 2003, this has been reliable until I got my upgrade disc for TTN3 (3.01)
Having struggled to upgrade from TTN2 to 3 (plus 3.02 gps patch) - had difficulty loading the maps, got one occasion when the CF card reported as "Disc error" and hanging on soft reset after app had installed.
When I finally got it up & running, I found that I got a hard reset by simply looking up an address in the area near to Pevensey East Sussex.
Obviously I wasn't that impressed as it then took a long time to re-install everything onto the 2210.
So I put this down to bad luck, got the 2210 & TTN3 up and running again and used it for routing to a location in Essex today and I found that whilst travelling, if I tried to select the "alternative route" icon TTN3 silently exited - four times in all.
Having driven approx a total of 30 miles I glanced at the 2210 to see it doing another hard reset.
I am fully aware that I maybe unfairly blaming TTN3 for the unruly behavior of the 2210, but it is just too much of a coincidence having not ever had software induced hard resets until I have upgraded to TTN3.
When I have time its back to TTN2 to see if that settles things down again.
Has anybody else come across the same, or got any idea's on possible other causes?
greeper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed TT3 last night an upgrade from TT2 and also while it was copying the maps across had a soft reset occur. But had no trouble when I tried again or on installing the 3.02 patch. I haven't had time to test TT3 to see if mine will induce a hard reset but as this is the only thing currently installed on my 2210 I am not too bothered about loosing data.

Will let you know my findings good or bad.
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nightmare getting TTN3.01 to work on my 2210. It wouldn't play the game at all until....

I removed the CF Microdrive I had and now it is fine. I wonder if there is an issue with either the 2210 and CF or TTN3 and CF?

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: