Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Track missing from GPX file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Track missing from GPX file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James503
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Track missing from GPX file Reply with quote

I'm missing a track from my latest upload of data from my Zumo 400 to PC. I've inspected the GPX file on the unit and it seems to be OK - ie not corrupted and no funny data points. The track also seems to be missing from the list of tracks per the unit (where you use the unit to convert a track to a route.

BUT I have the map set to display tracks, and my missing track is still shown on the map. Is there a way to force the unit to find it again?

Cheers,

James
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Track missing from GPX file Reply with quote

What happens if you delete \Garmin\GPX\Current.gpx and let the unit re-create it?

Also, what are you inspecting the file with? Can you see the missing track in there?

Even on a good day, most Garmin files fail the 'official' GPX Validation test, because the schema definition is wrong. However, just renaming CURRENT.GPX to CURRENT.XML and opening it in Internet Explorer can be useful, because it will at least check the structure of the file.

I have occasionally seen CURRENT.GPX files that the unit has written gibberish into - manual repair being the only answer. Ensure you preserve the file encoding - probably UTF-8 (The Windows BOM characters aren't present, so tools like Notepad have to be told what the encoding is).
James503
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Phil, many thanks and I'll give it a go. I'm inspecting CURRENT.GPX with Notepad, I don't think there is any gibberish in there - there's just a gap where I'd expect the track to be.

I'll post again at the weekend (away from home atm).

Cheers,

James

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: