Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map 835.2419 Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map 835.2419 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzr1200 wrote:
Well it's fully loaded and I don;t see how I can get Kate back on!!!!!

The maps have grown in size from 1774mb to 1796mb and now 1825mb.

After I have removed Kate and installed the latest map, I have 24.1mb free. I need 47mb plus a little extra for routing to get Kate back on.

Items I can remove and not need are:
Canary islands 4.4mb
Jane 0.6mb
Map Overlays 5.9mb
Phone connection settings 0.4mb

Total to remove 11.3mb plus free space of 24.1mb equals 35.4mb, therefore not enough!!!!

Can I copy everyting onto a larger SD card and then boot from there? If so, can the TT720 use 4GB SD cards?

Guys, I've found a workaround. I've removed the map completely from the device, copied it to a SD card and am using that card in the device. This gives me loads of space on the device and the map works fine from the SD card.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzr1200 wrote:
This gives me loads of space on the device and the map works fine from the SD card.

Great thanks for that. One question what are you going to do with all the extra space you have saved on the device? I was under the impression all additional items such as POI, sound files etc have to be copied on to the map file which is now on the SD card Rolling Eyes I am not sure I fully understand what is achieved by this? You have moved the map to the SD card saving space approx 2G on the devise? What do you plan to do with the spare 2G of space you have saved on the device now?
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All downloaded and installed at 2198MB but was stuck in the endless loop. As Home will not emulate App 8.370 I had to delete mapsettings.cfg to get it to work and will now have to update all my POI warning settings.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You have moved the map to the SD card saving space approx 2G on the devise? What do you plan to do with the spare 2G of space you have saved on the device now?
His earlier post indicated that there was insufficient room on his device for the map but it fits on an SD card and works fine.
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated map seemed to go ok, but now lost all the live services. HD traffic says "I need a subscription for this service" Live Services are showing a valid subscription and it's connected ok.
Just emailed TomTom lets see what they have to say?

PS can't see any changes on the map. Roundabout a couple of miles away, built about five years ago still not on the map.

Keith

540 Live
V 8.370
Map v835.2419
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my 730, I also had to delete the mapsettings.cfg file to stop the reboot issue
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:

PS can't see any changes on the map. Roundabout a couple of miles away, built about five years ago still not on the map.

Same here. Years old problems/missing data still not sorted. My live services are also now not working.

Last edited by Matt865 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
Quote:
You have moved the map to the SD card saving space approx 2G on the devise? What do you plan to do with the spare 2G of space you have saved on the device now?
His earlier post indicated that there was insufficient room on his device for the map but it fits on an SD card and works fine.

That is exactly it. I now can have the map on the SD card and 'Kate' on the device. Likewise, colour schemes, any other voices, saved routes can all be saved on the device with no issues on hitting the maximum available space.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you are considering a new memory card to increase storage space for the new maps get one from a reliable source which excludes E-Bay where there are numerous reports of cheap fake cards being sold. Also remember the go-x20, go-x30 can use SDHC cards upto and including 32GB in capacity, the go-x40 units can also use SDHC cards upto 32GB in capacity but they need the microSD size card to fit - Mike
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did the update successfully - but now continuously reboots. It will connect OK to my PC.

So, what's the solution for getting it to work as a sat nav?

Alan
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
Mine did the update successfully - but now continuously reboots. It will connect OK to my PC.

So, what's the solution for getting it to work as a sat nav?

Alan

If your are using app version 8.35 go into Operate My Go in Home and add or delete a favourite and that will fix it.

If you are using 8.37 you will have to delete mapsettings.cfg from your map folder on the device. You will lose your settings and favourites.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still some amazing routing, to go to France via Dover-Boulogne it tells me to take the Channel Tunnel to France, a ferry back to Dover then a ferry from Dover to Boulogne.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - working now.

It still seems to have all the old stuff in there. There are two roundabouts in Rochdale which were replaced by traffic lights about 2 years ago. Garmin has had them correct for at least 6 months - TomTom still not got there yet.

Just FYI, I do have the latest map loaded - 835.2419. My device version is 8.351

Alan
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironic that only minutes ago I posted a reminder about deleting the MapSettings.cfg file to cure the rebooting issue elsewhere, if you still have a copy of the old MapSettings.cfg file on your PC you can convert the favourites to a custom POI file see the FAQ page for details on how, I think it's number 15 - Mike
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the UK&RoI map this morning with no problems, except that on the "Select your navigation device" menu I selected "Memory card" so that I could remove the card and revert to the old map if I experienced any problems with the new one. In spite of being assured "This location is then used for the installation of new items" the new map overwrote the one in the internal memory!

As I'd done a backup immediately before installing the new map I was able to copy the map from the backup to the card, enabling me to insert the card and switch maps if I want to revert to the old map.

Maybe a new version of an existing map isn't classed as a new item?

In a short 10 mile round trip the only change I noticed was the addition of a speed limit in a nearby village.
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: