Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 3 Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 3 Traffic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: TomTom 3 Traffic Reply with quote

Well, I must admit, I was starting to think I had wasted my money upgrading to TT3, But WOW, and I Mean WOW!, the Traffic App makes me really say WOW!!!

I am using an XDA2 with TT3, and just installed the Traffic App today, what a difference, much better than my old incar system using TMC,

You can see whatis happening along planned route and reroute if you wish, and datastream seems really frugal, only about 2k data for each update so over GPRS with 5mins updates it works out about 12p per hour on the road!, Of course you can slow down the updates or even make them manual if you object to the GPRS costs,

Knows the spots off the Traffic-I programme,

Well Done TomTom,

My Faith is restored

Regards

Vicky
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to have about a 10 min delay over Traffic-I watching them both side by side.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems to have about a 10 min delay over Traffic-I watching them both side by side.

There does seem to be a slight delay compared to Traffic-I, but It seems more like a couple of mins, but it does vary, and there also seems a lot more information available on the TomTom Version

Regards

Vicky
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT is also showing no delays between Finchley and the A10 on the A406 North Circular. Traffic-I is and there most certainly are long queues there at the moment.
barryp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave his a try last night and had some strange traffic reports compared to my Trafficmaster YQ.

TomTom Traffic was still showing the jam on Junction 5 of the M3 and a 30 minute delay at 11pm last night, trafficmaster was showing no delays after 7pm or so. It is still showing a lane closed at 6am which I can believe, but I doubt there was a 30 minute tail back at 11pm.

A permanent 30 minute delay on the M25 in the contraflow seems to be in place, which during the day I can believe but at 6am the delay is likely to be 10 minutes at most.

Whilst I have not used it in anger yet and driven the routes it seems TomTom Traffic is a bit on the pessimistic side and very slow at updating to match the real world.

I would be interested to hear how other people get on.

Barry
oisky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: help please Reply with quote

This isn't really directly related to TomTom Traffic but maybe someone can help me?

I installed traffic, and when the iPAQ is in the cradle everything works fine. When I take it out traffic can't connect to the internet. The only way I can connect is to use a dial up number on my iPAQ (through bluetooth to my phone). So I guess what I'm saying is that I can't get GPRS to work! Trouble is, I haven't a clue where to start?!?

Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to how to get GPRS (Which IS enabled - I got my supplier to check) working on my Sony Ericsson T610 and iPAQ 5550?

Cheers
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you chaps downloading this from.

Tomtoms website says that this is not available until early June!!
NickE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: help please Reply with quote

oisky wrote:
Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to how to get GPRS (Which IS enabled - I got my supplier to check) working on my Sony Ericsson T610 and iPAQ 5550?

Cheers

Usually it's the phone provider e.g. O2, Vodafone that handle this side of things. Within the Internet/web setup of the phone, there should be entries for username/password, IP address etc. If these are blank it seems it's not setup. Also, the phone will have facilities for web browsing, email etc. - make sure that these are setup to use GPRS and see if it works on the phone side, then try to get the PDA to phone connection working.
A good website for these things is www.brighthand.com - the forums there are very useful. Also www.cewindows.net has a lot of information.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: help please Reply with quote

oisky wrote:
This isn't really directly related to TomTom Traffic but maybe someone can help me?

I installed traffic, and when the iPAQ is in the cradle everything works fine. When I take it out traffic can't connect to the internet. The only way I can connect is to use a dial up number on my iPAQ (through bluetooth to my phone). So I guess what I'm saying is that I can't get GPRS to work! Trouble is, I haven't a clue where to start?!?

Cheers

With the t610 and 5550 paired, can you connect to the internet via internet explorer? Have you run the 'partner with cellphone' wizard in BT manager?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark1968 wrote:
Where are you chaps downloading this from.

Tomtoms website says that this is not available until early June!!

http://support.tomtom.com/traffic/guide/uk/
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help.

Downloaded sucessfully, installed, and running with no problems.

What an excellent product much better than Traffic Master etc.
hollis_f
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have TomTom got some sort of grudge against 2210 owners? First we find that TTN3 doesn't work properly with BT on the 2210. Now I find that Traffic won't work on a 2210 with a BT phone and a BT GPS -

http://support.tomtom.com/traffic/guide/uk/compatlist.html
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should work with a bt gps and bt phone as they use different profiles it should be fine

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
hollis_f
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
it should work with a bt gps and bt phone as they use different profiles it should be fine

It should work fine. But, according to the page I quote, TomTom's own testing suggests that it don't.
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine on my 2210 over bluetooth to a P800 and bluetooth to a Fortuna Clip On GPS.

Couple of questions

When does TomTom decide to auto re-route? I did a "test" run across the M62 during rush hour today, it found a 3 min delay and didn't re-route me - which is good!

Also with the left hand side display up you loose the ETA, mileage to go and time remaining display Sad

regards,

greg

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: