Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [v8-WinMob] Speed Camera & POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[v8-WinMob] Speed Camera & POIs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trwela
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: [v8-WinMob] Speed Camera & POIs Reply with quote

I've just downloaded the new CoPilot for my windows mobile and all looks good, although "Live Traffic" etc are not yet available.

It appears ALK are now using a different programming system as there are no "AO" files to remove in any of the folders. It also looks like you can now manually add your own POI Groups and POI locations (Similar to TOMTOM Navigator).

When one of you Sat Nav experts gets around to it could you advise how I can get the GPS speed camera database and the LPG POI positions loaded in (They never include LPG FuelStops as standard!)?

Trevor
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just received CP8 today so will be having a play in the next few days...! from memory though, the ao... files were created when the speed cam database was installed - ie until you add the speed cams there won't be any ao files!

MaFt
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played with CP8 on Android for a few weeks, here goes...

You should find a directory like \copilot\EU\UK\save\user_places with a 'safetycams' subdirectory. Delete it and all its contents.

Copy the PGPSW .csv safetycam file to \copilot\save

Restart CoPilot and it will import the new cameras. Repeat the above every time you update the camera database.

Any other POI databases should be added via CoPilot Central as .ov2 files. Central will ask for icon images, but don't bother as there's currently a bug that trashes them, and (certainly on Android) it will only accept .png files.

When you restart after importing .ov2 files, it should ask you what categyory and icon to use for them, and at that point, you're shiny.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggo wrote:

You should find a directory like \copilot\EU\UK\save\user_places with a 'safetycams' subdirectory. Delete it and all its contents.

Copy the PGPSW .csv safetycam file to \copilot\save

Thanks for that. Works a treat.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it repeat locations multiple times, or just the once, using this system?
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G1LIW wrote:
Does it repeat locations multiple times, or just the once, using this system?

As with version 7, if you don't have a route set warnings are given each time it recalculates.

However when following a route, warnings are only given once for each camera.

An added feature is the background colour of the camera warning sign changes from green to red if you're over the limit.
shuikit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya

Just got CoPilot 8 for WM and have been struggling getting the image for downloaded POIs.

I've managed (with help from this thread) to put the ov2 file in the correct place for CoPilot to pick up when it starts, however the image for the POI category never seems to import properly.

The images I've tried have been bmp and I've saved them as png to try without success.

Has anyone managed to do this??
Thanks
coconut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same problem - I can physically get the .csv file onto the device by either :
a) Copying and pasting the single .csv file into COPILOT\SAVE, together with the standard pgpsw camera image file as a .bmp and also as a .png after converting it, or

b) By using CoPilot Central 2.0, browsing to the .csv file and downloading it together with the standard camera image .png file

On restarting the CoPilot program there is a message saying "Integrating 10054 POI's".

After the program starts I can see an entry for pgpsw_speed_cams in the "Settings\Manage POI's\Edit POI Sets" window, but cannot edit them to select an image to display on the map.
None of the cameras show up on the map.

Restoring the original "safetycam" folder and contents to the original location, after deleting the pgpsworld files, the original ( but now out of date ) safety cameras supplied by Co-Pilot are restored and displayed.

So - waiting for someone REALLY clever there at gpsworld to come up with the answer Wink
trwela
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: CoPilot Live 8 - Speed Camera & POIs Reply with quote

Good Morning Guys.

I have read all the above and have now been using CoPilot Live 8 for a week and think I may have answered my own question and found an easier way to import POIs and Safety Cameras into CoPilot 8.

Before we start I have assumed you all have CoPilot 8 installed and working on your Windows Mobile Phone and you have installed CoPilot Central v2.0 on your PC.

Download your chosen POIs and extract into a folder on your PC. Also do the same with your chosen Safety Camera database. Ensure you download as OV2 (TomTom) files and for Safety Cameras use the Consolidated database.

If you intend to use the PocketGPS image files you will need to convert them from BMP to PNG. If you haven’t got a programme to do this download “Irfanview” (a freeware image viewer) and open the image file in this programme and then save as a PNG file. Simple!

Open CoPilot Central v2.0 and ensure your Windows Mobile is connected to your PC.

Click the “Explore my CoPilot” tab on the left hand side. Then click “Points of Interest”.

For each separate POI file browse to your downloaded OV2 file using the tab shown and then do the same with your PNG image file. Press the import button and bang it will be exported to your mobile.

Treat the Safety Camera database the same but don’t bother doing the image files. CoPilot seems to know these are Safety Cameras and will override its own database (hence no duplicate alerts).

You will need to restart CoPilot 8 for the integration to take place.

I think that is all, except a quick message to Pocket GPS.

Please, please could I have a life time membership for being so helpful?

Trevor
alitravers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thanks trevor that works great
trwela
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help.

Trev
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly on Android, there is a bug using custom images for POIs. When you import the POI set, it does not show any new icons. I did once find a trashed icon via Windoze Explorer, but I can't seem to replicate that for the moment. ALK confirmed that there was a bug when I spoke to support.

Just copying the .csv to \CoPilot\Save seems to work fine for import, but one word of caution: only import a single .csv file at a time, otherwise CP8 locks up and has to be restarted once per POI set.

If you import a .csv via copy/paste in Explorer, CP8 will assume it is speed camera data. If you import an .ov2 file via CP Central then when you restrat CP8 it will prompt you to specify if the POI imported is a speed camera one.
shuikit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggo wrote:
Certainly on Android, there is a bug using custom images for POIs. When you import the POI set, it does not show any new icons. I did once find a trashed icon via Windoze Explorer, but I can't seem to replicate that for the moment. ALK confirmed that there was a bug when I spoke to support.

I get this problem everytime no matter which import method I've tried and I've tried every one that's been suggested on this and other threads.

It's always the 3D image that gets corrupted, I get vertical streaky lines in the speech bubble. Otherwise the import works fine, it's only when you display the POI on the map or display the image in program files\copilot\skin\user that I see the knackered images.

I've sent SLK support the problem a couple weeks ago using the form on the website but haven't heard anything back.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yes, that's where they end up.

This was the original:

This was what CPL8 created on import:

The thing is, at no point can I work out how to select even these damaged images. What am I missing?
shuikit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggo, that's the same problem I get!

Very frustrating!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: