Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Warn when near POI doing my head in
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Warn when near POI doing my head in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweepdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Warn when near POI doing my head in Reply with quote

Sorry I've searched quite a bit and can't find this posted

I have a TomTomGo 510 and recently resubscribed to the camera database (speed zoned version). At the same time I decided to upgrade the TomTom Device software (from 5.something to 7.903). I already had the voice files so I just overwrote the bmp and ov2 files

It seems like I can't edit the value for "warn when closer than" yards and if I can get to the point of editing the sound association I just get "no photos found" (although the correct sound does play).

So basically I've done a reset in the pinhole, deleted everything and redownloaded everything to my device.

In my western european directory I have 4 files for each camera

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20_X2.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ogg

I've tried
Liz_M_siren_quiet_speedzoned.zip
Crystal_chime_pmobile_speedzoned.zip
but I just can't get this to work. If there are no ogg files I can associate a chime, but would rather have the voices.

Can anyone help please?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sweepdog. With the four files per POI category in your "western european map" folder you should be able to set them up correctly.
To set the proximity alert can you just confirm the sequence you are taking? On my TT730 it is -
Menu page1 / Change Preferences / Preference Menu Page 2 / Manage POI's / Warn when Near POI. Then select the POI category which should take you to the "Warn when closer than .......yds/mtrs dialogue. After this you have the option of setting the warning message which doesn't sound when you select it and then confirm it. Elect for "Warn when POI on route" or not. Repeat for ALL POI categories.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a note that might help you at the foot of the TomTom Voices page.

Quote:
Version 7/8 Note:

With the arrival of Version 7 & now 8 there is a small bug/change that affects the procedure. If you have installed the .ogg file packs you will be asked to choose a sound but will not be offered any options, this is normal. You will be asked 'Is this the sound you want?'. You should answer Yes on this screen. If you do, you will then see the warning distance screen and can proceed as normal.

If you mistakenly answer No then you may get a message saying No Photographs and the unit will freeze. If you have mistakenly done this, simply reset the device and start again, this time answering Yes when prompted.

If that doesn't help then you may need to use Method 2.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the bug mentioned about sound?

When you are setting the sounds (with .OGG files), you reach the point where it asks "Is this the sound you want?" BUT it doesn't play a sound, so naturally you answer NO. However, you actually have to answer YES and it then moves straight to the distance.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
sweepdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys - I am going to go with method 2 then I can preview and select the sound.

I was also having trouble inputting the distance to POI (unit froze also), so this resolve the above too

Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: