Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Freezing on M1 Answer From Garmin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Freezing on M1 Answer From Garmin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacksonb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Freezing on M1 Answer From Garmin Reply with quote

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

Apologies for the delay in our response to your email.
With regards to your email below, if you driving down the M1 at the moment there is a problem with the safety camera freezing the unit, you can turn the safety camera to stop the freezing, to do that you will need to power your GPS unit on the click on the spanner / setting / proximity points / change, you will need to remove the ticket from the box.

Are software engineers are looking into this problem so it should be fixed shortly if you have registered your unit with a email address then you will be email then the fix has come out.

Note as previous Post this is cured by using PocketGPS database This appears to be near Ilkeston/Nottingham Jnct 27 where there are currently miles of 50mph specs cameras[/i]
bignick8t3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was my first proper outing with my 765T.

Upon approaching the roadworks form the south @ J25 it alerted me to the Specs system, I was pulling off onto the A52 towards Nottingham and when on roundabout the map froze! The speed and voice prompts continued to work fine.

In the end I had to switch off the Alerts for the Garmin database and switch the maps off then back on to get it to work?!?!

Really strange I think!!

BIG Nick
tripodjw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I've found this thread. I got my 775T this week and have been going spare. I live on the A52 near J25 of the M1 (v close to Bramcot traffic island) and have been finding that the unit freezes as soon as i pull off our drive.

Garmin support never mentioned a problem with the cameras database in this area, they've been having me do full resets and were about to have it back to base for repair.

We figured out yesterday that the freeze starts on the A52 towards Nottingham at around Bardills roundabout and carries on until the windermere road exit from the A52 in Beeston (and the same in reverse going Nott to Derby).

Guess i'll turn off the camera database and install my pocketgpsworld cameras POI's instead (i hadn't got round to that yet).

Thank god for the internet
Mike557799
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Map Freezing Due to Proximity Points Reply with quote

I have recently swapped from an I3 to a 765t. The issue with the camera database causing the map screen to freeze happens in many places and the only current solution is to disable the Proximity Points.

Garmin have given me the usual advice of doing a master reset - all to no avail. I will contact them again today and ask them what they intend to do about it - but not expecting any miracles.

I will suggest to them that unless they fix this, I will return for a full refund - that might concentrate the mind.
rfarnell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if this is repeating anyone elses sentiments, but I have a Garmin c550, which has always come up with "Unable to calculate route" when going from Castle Donington to the A50 via the M1 to J23 or J22 of the M1 southbound. I can repeatedly make this happen, but only on the Castle Donington area, it doesn't happen anywhere else on a regular basis.

I have just learnt to live with it as I know when it is going to pop up with the error and reapplying the destination works once I have got to the A50 roundabout.

I have seen other people mention it here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=65973&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Rob
chastreo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 30th Sept '09 Garmin released an update for the Zumo 550 to address this problem:

Quote:
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80
Corrected an issue that could cause the map to stop updating when approaching specific safety camera locations in the UK.

I can't report if it's solved the problem as I use a Zumo 660, which still has the problem.

It's strange that Garmin fixes the problem on only one unit in it's whole range ?
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin has released firmware updates for several models since the latter part of September that mention "Corrected an issue that could cause the map to stop updating when approaching specific safety camera locations in the UK". Among them are the 2x5 series (fw 5.70), the 7x0's (4.90) zumo's (4.80) and perhaps others. So it's apparent Garmin has found what the problem is. If you've had this issue, I suggest checking for a recent firmware update. If one is not yet available for your model, I expect it soon will be.
chastreo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting about the other models that have been updated.

The Zumo 550 has in theory being replaced by the Zumo 660, so that may explain why it was updated with only the speed camera fix.

It would also suggest that the Zumo 660 fix is been held up for a short while an update with other important fixes is finished, which must therefore have been in the pipeline ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: