Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner; Fug-UK/5500/3450
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner; Fug-UK/5500/3450

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Beginner; Fug-UK/5500/3450 Reply with quote

I have just got this combination. The Navman sleeve and 5550 & ST appear to work fine & I have exported my local 1:50000 area to an SD card in the top of the HP. However, Fugawi does not get a fix. There is nothing between the scale bar and the P sign at the top, the world map stays centred off the coast of Gambia, the local map is blank, and in the GPS or sky info there is no info re. lat & long etc. - "No fix". I have tried it where there is a good signal on navman, tried it when Navman ST is running and when it is not, tried COM1 and COM4, baud 57600, downloaded the current navman 3-1-6 driver. There is nothing in the CF slot. In the Navman ST GPS status screen COM4 gets a green button (which is why I tried com4 for fugawi).
Sad Anyone able to help!
PS A very basic question (I was a handspring user and am new to ipaq) - how do you get rid of surplus icons in the programmes screen? I have deleted a programme but the icon remains and keeping pressure on it does not give a ring of red dots, only an error message saying that the programme has gone.
Thanks in anticipation.
Nomis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "PS" question - how to get rid of icons - I have discovered from another forum on this site - thanks. Only the more tricky one to go now.
Nomis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answers from Fugawi: A helpful and rapid email response from Fugawi support - always a recommendation for a product. I will post it in case it is of use to anyone else.
"The Navman Smart ST software will interfere with Fugawi using Com-4 when it is open and even when it has been used and then closed.
Do a soft reset on your Ipaq, open Fugawi, set the com-port to 4 and baud rate to 57600 and then open the port. If the port was already open, close it and reopen it
."
This worked, when I made sure that I disabled the "open port on startup" or equivalent in the other prefs menu.
Initially I only got the World map to work, but transferring my local OS map from the SD card to the internal HP memory card meant that that worked as well.
My question re. the GPS:None on the PC when the IPAQ/Navman was connected via UBS was irrelevant as this is, they tell me, only for GPS receivers connected to the serial port outputting NMEA to Fugawi PC.
I am well pleased with the setup :D . Now to learn the features and get out on the Welsh mountains!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: