Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTn 7 with a HTC Diamond Touch 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTn 7 with a HTC Diamond Touch 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
promar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: TTn 7 with a HTC Diamond Touch 2 Reply with quote

I have an O2 orbit (HTC 3300 Artemis) running TTn6 but am thinking of buying an HTC Diamond Touch 2 because the Orbit has frozen on a couple occasions recently, particularly when trying to pinpoint camera vans on M74!. I noticed that Handtech have the Diamond Touch 2 for sale and TomTom N7, however the sales rep told me that TTN7 is not compatible with the Diamond Touch 2 (It is with the Touch HD and my old Orbit), However I have seen a couple of U Tube videos showing it apparently working quite a happily ( though the videos were Italian). I would prefer to stay with TomTom if possible rather than changing to Copilot because with TomTom you can monitor your speed. Would appreciate any advice and also opinions on TTN7

TomTom 5200
Samsung Galaxy S8: Google Nav. Mapdroyd OSmap. Rmaps Andoid CoPilot
TheBrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "not compatible" merely means that TT have not tested TT7 on the Diamond 2. I would expect it to work just fine.

HTC Desire HD - Sygic
Barloo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBrit wrote:
The "not compatible" merely means that TT have not tested TT7 on the Diamond 2. I would expect it to work just fine.

I wouldn't be so hasty! I have a HTC Touch 3G and have just purchased TT7 on SD. It literally throws up a your device is not compatible message and refuses to run. I've thrown the issue at google and it seems that other people are having the issue with a number of different phones and I haven't come across a workaround yet. I am a long time TomTom customer (all the way back to the earliest palm versions) and have come to know only to well that TomTom software is great when it works but you are on your own (apart from forums of course) when it does not.

If I can find some software that does traffic and you can copy the sofware onto your own SD card then I'll probably cut my losses and buy that. Does anybody know if co-pilot fits the bill?
StevePlym
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: TTn 7 with a HTC Diamond Touch 2 Reply with quote

I'm awaiting the arrival of the next generation SE phone - sincerely hoping it's better than the last one.

I'm told running TT7 will be a breeze - anyone heard otherwise?

Steve
anomalic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: works prefect Reply with quote

hey there, since 2 weeks now i am a user of tomtom navigator 7 on my HTC touch diamond 2, i have already pimped several things on it like other maps, voices, car signs etc etc, it works perfect on this HTC, i installed the tomtom navigator 7 on a micro SD card of 8 GB, so i have space left for applications, movies and music.

make sure that you install it then all together on de micro SD card then!

greetins from the netherlands

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: