Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is the 4350 coming out soon?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the 4350 coming out soon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2kias wrote:
jonandmarkuk wrote:

My dad is going to try out the 'lorry' setting as most of the time he will be towing a caravan

I can assure your Dad that the lorry setup only alters the time of arrival. It does not alter the route unless you alter it yourself. At least the 4350 does give some options.

Either way it's going to be better than his 5 year old Navman.
Even the ProNav which is supposed to be for lorries and caravan's isn't that good. The problems isn't so muhc the units but having the map data. It's only recently that map data has started to include the road widths and such.
2kias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
2kias wrote:
jonandmarkuk wrote:

My dad is going to try out the 'lorry' setting as most of the time he will be towing a caravan

I can assure your Dad that the lorry setup only alters the time of arrival. It does not alter the route unless you alter it yourself. At least the 4350 does give some options.

Either way it's going to be better than his 5 year old Navman.
Even the ProNav which is supposed to be for lorries and caravan's isn't that good. The problems isn't so muhc the units but having the map data. It's only recently that map data has started to include the road widths and such.

I think it will be some years before there is a genuine one that does what we want. I am trying to add the Caravan Club sites to mine. Have got them on but can't get the satnav to use them as a destination.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2kias wrote:
Navigon said thet they hoped to get the website working by the weekend.

Is this in reference to the shop and getting to the payment stage and it failing?
After trying different things for the 'freshmaps' subscription we eventually figured that the problem must be with Navigon and not my dad's credit card / paypal.

Anyone know if it's possible for me to buy any add on's for my dad using my credit card as for this birthday I plan to pay for some of the extras.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2kias wrote:

I think it will be some years before there is a genuine one that does what we want. I am trying to add the Caravan Club sites to mine. Have got them on but can't get the satnav to use them as a destination.

It could be a bug in Poiwarner (seems to be many bugs with it running on the newer software Sad but you should find that it saves the destination as a 'route' and you can 'load route' and select '0 - poiwarner' or something like that.
Let me know how you get on as my dad will be wanting to load on the caravan club POI's
2kias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
2kias wrote:
Navigon said thet they hoped to get the website working by the weekend.

Is this in reference to the shop and getting to the payment stage and it failing?

Yes it is Navigon's problem. Their site has failed and you can't get any add ons from anywhere else, I asked. They said the weekend on the phone but don't hold your breath. It is not your Dads card. I have tried with Paypal and that doesn't work either.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2kias - what's the problem you're having with trying to set CC POIs as destinations - ie what steps are you going through and what is POI-W doing/saying (I have no such problem at the moment)? I take it that you are not getting a route set up (or is one set up but doesn't load)?

Check the POIs have loaded ok with a "Search in Radius - ALL" from the initial menu after pressing the green button, which should list them.

(Just had another thought - are the POIs in the asc format POI-Warner uses?)
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Navigon Reply with quote

After nearly a weeks use now, the 4350 Max really is an incredible value for money unit - I added Real Road Sign Pro (£8) and Fresh Maps (£15) and while it was purchased as a back up for my Garmin 765T, it has now taken its place with the Garmin relegated to my cars boot!

The Road Sign info (talking and visual) is a real safety benefit, and the 3D City View (yes - it says its an extra, but its built in the Halfords unit FOC) is fantastic - as it the zoom level automatically selected in compatible areas

The mount and Jonandmark say is much better in all respects to the typical Navigon mount - and not as shown

With regards purchasing the "extras" via the website, on Monday I called (incase card / paypal issue) and told my wednesday. On Wednesday morning still no joy so called again, and the customer services guy added my FreshMaps and Road Sign Pro FREE of Charge. I was happy to pay by card over the phone, but hey that was great service

All in all for £160 (£183 with 2 years of map updates, premium TMC and Real Roadsign Warnings) this unit cannot be beat value for money - the forthcoming 7310 has the panoramic view, which would have been nice, but not for over £120 more (although I would happily pay £30 for a download upgrade option)

As a TomTom, Garmin, Navman and Navigon of old (well 2100 Max, 7110 and Loox!) user, they HAVE not sorted out their user interface to the point its both comprehensive, responsive and quick, their mapping visually has always been superb, and the customer service (which used to be appalling) is now good too. Nice to see someone progressing in all areas, when most other companies are slipping back
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
im_alan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: PgPsWorld speed cams Reply with quote

Hi all... Am currently a garmin user but really like the look of this unit so have a question if anyone can help...

Firstly i'll apologise now if this has already been answered elsewhere...

I really like the pgps world speed camera database (Works great on the garmin) and find it really reliable and would hate to lose out on it but when I look for compatible devices Navigon's arent there...

Would I still be able to use the database with the Navigon 4350 Max and if yes how would I go about doing so and is it as easy to do as it is with the garmin?

Thx for any info/advice you can offer.
2kias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the POI warner programme for the speed camaras but I have been unable to get the programme to work properly. Still trying.
Navigon have their own camara database which seems as good as pgps data base which I never found to be as good as the garmin one i had previously.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2kias - I take it my earlier post wasn't any help then. Can you say more precisely what problems you are having?
2kias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
2kias - I take it my earlier post wasn't any help then. Can you say more precisely what problems you are having?

Thanks David.
I have emailed POI warner today and they have responded without being much help.
The programme loads O.K but the pois are not there. The subject e.g. Caravan Sites appears but there are no sites to choose. I did get it to partially work once but then it would not allow me to select it as a destination.
I have uninstalled the thing and given up whilst waiting to see if they respond.
I gather that I am not the only one to have had trouble with this and I am not sure that the Navigation7 program is suitable for the 4350. It is also a pain in the neck to operate. Not like my old Garmin which I was able to put as many pois on as I liked.
I spoke to Navigon regarding the fact that their sales site would not allow anyone to actually buy any software this morning. The guy tried to put my credit card through despite me telling him repeatedly that it wouldn't work. I suggested that they might like to put a notice on the site stating the facts. Nothing has happened.
Laid bck Germans I suppose.
Bugs me because the product is good and better than my old Garmin.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2kias - you might have tried this advice I got earlier from POI-Warner support already - if not it's worth a go. I had a very similar problem after I upgraded my software and this cured it:
Quote:
Problem

POI Overlay loading seems to go ok and overlay list is complete, but when looking at POI categories they have no entries in them (eg 'Warning in Radius - All', "Manage POIs" etc and no monitoring takes place)

POI-W support say:

"something has gone wrong with overlays during the update. Please connect your sat nav to the computer and search for the POI-Warner directory. Delete the files "overlays.ndb", "settings.ndb" and "poidetails.ndb" (if present) from that directory.
Also delete these files from C:\Program Files\POI-Warner. Then please perform a soft-reset and reinstall all the overlays. "
Hope this helps.
2kias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David.
Fantastic. It worked. Still a bit complicated but better than nothing.
John
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, glad it's sorted. As you say, more complicated than I would like as well - we all keep nagging Navigon to get this user-POI business sorted.

But operationally POI-W is pretty reasonable setting up a route - I found it really handy (as a CAMRA member Cheers! ) being able to pick out a local pub in Coventry a month back and go straight to it (Navigon seem to have overlooked British beer drinkers' needs Confused )

Just be aware, whenever you do any software update you are likely to have to get POI-W working again. You'll see some advice in the POI-W threads on this.

So until Navigon do their stuff ...

Cheers,

David
archimedes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
Having tried the unit for a few more hours now, it comes with a much improved windscreen mount (compared to the horrible Navigon mounts of old) - the new Design Mount http://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/shop/consumer/accessories/2/universal/1321;jsessionid=0DA82B1374E19EF51D93927BABCF42EF.navigon-website-3

Also my unit comes with 3D City View built in (this is listed as an optional extra chargable download on the Navigon website, but is fully functional on the Halfords unit as is Premium UK TMC) - the 3D City View beats the 3D Building View of my Garmin Nuvi 765T, and automatically zooms in to a much better level of street detail in areas where this is available

Click POI is also a neat feature (you press any of the 3D POI icons on the map to add them to your route, call them, etc.)

Junction View Pro works fine, although isn't as clear as on the Garmin, but lane navigation (Lane Assistant Pro) is the best of any brand out there

Volume is excellent and clear, although Heather (the TTS voice for English) could pronounce the "A" for "A" roads better

I bought my 4350 Max on Saturday so I'm still finding my way around. I've been using TomTom Navigator on my PDA previously so it's all new. I've activated 3D City View in the menu but how does it work please? How do I know that I've got Premium UK TMC? TMC works fine with the car charger just plugged in and lying on my desk near a window!
I think it's great though but it will take time to master as I'm 74 years old! I'd appreciate your help please. Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: