Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 or 3 that is the question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 or 3 that is the question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: TTN2 or 3 that is the question Reply with quote

I have had TT2 for 6-8 months now and works fine on my Axim 5, have paid for the upgrade, 2 months ago and the site states its "Partialy shipped"
My question is should i cancel as my TT2 with digitools postcode finder works a treat, reading the threads here makes TT3 sound like a nightmare

Any advise most welcome......

if it takes them 2 months+ to ship dont want to spend 2 months sorting it out so would canel

TIA
Dang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine hasnt been shipped but they have taken payment. They claim its been shipped though
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi magicman,
Tough question to answer! I guess you have to read all the various threads to see the variable viewpoints about TTN3 - these views range from people who are well pleased with it, to the views of people at the other end of the scale (like myself) who think it's terrible! I was using TTN2 with Digitools PostCode on my H2210 and, like you, found it pretty damn good - though not perfect (what is?). Naturally I was anxiously awaiting the improved TTN3 version with updated maps and the welcome addition of an itinerary feature. I was horrified at the way in which TomTom has changed the way it finds addresses - if you have read all the threads about this you will know exactly what I am talking about. But of course the thing to realise , (I am trying to be balanced here), is that TTN3 does have updated maps (though not the M6 Toll road!!) and the Itinerary planner. The thing to really weigh up is what effect the changed address look-up method will have on you. If you are mostly using full postcodes with the fantastic Digitools feature then this address look-up problem will not really affect you, and you will have the added advantage of both the improved maps and the itinerary planner. For me personally, these advantages are greatly outweighed by the diabolical (at least I think it is) address look-up problem! I have therefore uninstalled TTN3 and gone back to TTN2, because I am willing to forego the itinerary planning and the updated maps in favour of an address look-up method (City/Town, Street, Number) that, in most instances, works just fine. My TTN3 is therefore sitting in my desk drawer and it will stay there until TomTom make some changes to this software in response to the many people, in addition to DavidW's long letter, who have expressed their dissatisfaction with this product.
Hopefully others will respond to your question with their own opinions and with a bit of luck you will have more food for thought to enable you to make a decision.
Good luck!

Tom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: