Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with voices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediaguycouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Problem with voices Reply with quote

Hi all,

With all your updates and after finding MapSource I'm really enjoying using my new Garmin 765T. However I have a problem.

I have an 8GB SD card in my unit with music on it. I love how I can have the music playing and it pauses it for instructions.

However I have installed the voices (via Ash10's software) and when the music is playing and I approach a camera it simply plays the next track rather than loading the voice.

Any ideas what could be the problem?
mediaguycouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to find out that this is a known bug that Garmin are ignoring.

Here is the workaround

Quote:
That .mp3 skipping problem, has been an issue for quite a while now and I don't know why Garmin hasn't addressed it...yet.

I use .wav files for all my alerts and, in doing so, have eliminated the ".mp3 skipping problem" when the alerts play.

Keep in mind, if you're using .wav files on your unit, instead of .mp3 files for your alerts, they must be encoded "mono" and not "stereo" in order for them to work. My .wav files are mono, 44100Hz and 16 bit.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/20366

Quote:
You will probably see an error... unable to find \Garmin\sox.exe then display that it can't convert the wav file correctly. Go HERE to get the sox.exe zip file. Just scan it and drag it once unzipped (should just be one file and you will need sox.exe version 14.0.1) to your \Garmin folder (that should be where POI Loader is installed).

Re load your POI's again and the sox.exe will convert the .wav file properly. You will get a prompt to run sox.exe, click run.

http://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/2500.html

So convert the MP3 files to wav, download Sox, upload again.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you are right. This bug has been around for some time now and Garmin haven't done anything about it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: