Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3/Checkpoint Issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3/Checkpoint Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaktor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: TTN3/Checkpoint Issues Reply with quote

Is it normal to take about 5 minutes for tomtom to find the GPS receiver on cold start? It hooks up OK as the blue light is solid, but tomtom says GPS sig is unreliable for a good while. Sometimes if you restart the app it is a bit faster.

Another problem I noticed, now that I have installed checkpoint, the wireless LAN on my ipaq 4150 keeps turning itself on whenevr the ipaq is switched on.

Another thing - when I switched tomtom on a minute ago, it said there was no maps available - fortunately a soft reset fixed it.

And finally, I went past a speed camera in glasgow which has been around for a while but it wasnt in the POI and hence checkpoint didnt give me a warning. I am using the pocket gps database - who should I inform?

TIA.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Time To First Fix issue may be that your GPS has a marginal view of the sky or you've got problems with the GPS signals not getting through your car windows that well.

About how many satellites do you tend to have in your positioning solution (look at the bottom right of the Navigator screen) when you're in open country?

CheckPOInt / Wireless LAN - sorry - no idea. CheckPOInt doesn't affect the wireless LAN on my system, but I'm not using a 4150. Does the problem go away if you simply uninstall CheckPOInt? What version of CheckPOInt are you using?

No maps available - could just be some kind of operating system or storage card glitch. I'd be interested in any markings from the back of your storage card?

The missing camera - email the coordinates to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com (if you're using CheckPOInt 2.0.2, press the memorise button you've configured, answer the questions asked, and email the CheckPOInt.ov2 file).

David
zaktor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen between 4 and 8 satellites, average tends to be about 6. Once it has a signal, it works great, but the time to lock in at the start is a bit frustrating.

Havent tried uninstalling checkpoint (v3.2 by the way) yet, thats the next step. I just noticed it today as I installed checkpoint last night so I am assuming it was caused by this. Funnily enough, I installed some vpn software by a company called movian and it caused exactly the same problem - there was a registry fix which sorted it, I think I'll post about this on usenet.

Its a lexar 256 MB card, not sure what you mean by the markings, but if you mean the alphanumerics it goes

S256C
B0342072
A0342030

Not too bothered about this yet as it has only happened once and a soft reset fixed it, I was initially concerned that I would have to install those maps again!

I'll mail the co-ordinates of the camera next time I'm in the area, should be there in a few days.

Thanks again! Thumbs Up
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That format of card markings is an entirely new one on me - though it's not like the markings I recognise as Sandisk. Hopefully that means that the card itself is fine.

I'm glad that the answer helped.

David
pug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same setup as you, 4150 and BT TomTom, and Lexar 512Mb card. I have seen the problem with the maps and re-inserting the card or soft reset seemed to fix that. I find the device gets a fix within 1 minute and I use Checkpoint 3.2 and I have never seen a problem with the wireless lan been activated so I would be pretty sure its not that.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: